( search forums )
101%+ vote needed: Kill off vote-boxes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 5:43 pm
If 101% or more vote percent is needed, I don't think you should be able to open up vote-boxes in the first place. They should be nonexistent in the Esc menu, or maybe just have the vote-box not pop up after a player/map is selected.

EDIT (I should've put this in earlier >.<) Also, the person who is being kicked should not be able to participate in a vote and he should be excluded from the total % needed (e.g. if there are 10 people and if 9 people vote to kick 1 those 9 are classed as 100%; his is excluded from the total % needed).

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 8:36 pm
Why not have vote boxes? If someone is cheating or hacking you want to kik them right??

rabidhamster
July 21, 2005, 9:00 pm
so, this means you can't kick someone, right?

EDIT: got it. sorry for the spam.

Dark_Noddy
July 21, 2005, 9:15 pm
I kinda hate it to... Most admins dont change the vote % and then U're quite likely to get votekicked if youre better then some1 (in pubs anyways)

EDIT:
ON topic: yea this Idea is good ! no point in having he annoying box pop-up when its not good for nothing !

UltraMagnus
July 21, 2005, 9:35 pm
this ticks me off on my zombie server, especially when 56k n00bs decide that there are too many zombies that are causing them lag so they start kicking them -_-

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Doomdooer... If someone is cheating or hacking you want to kik them right??
It won't work if the vote % needed to kick someone is over a hundred (meaning even if everyone, including the hacker, hits F12, he still won't get kicked), so why not just disable the box completely? It could be brought back if the server admin lowers the % (that'd also indicate that a kick-vote could succeed, whereas you would't know if it would in 1.2.1).

SPARTAN_III
July 22, 2005, 2:00 am
vote kick is abused too much. 100% agree with this idea.

UltraMagnus
July 22, 2005, 10:23 am
yes it is, the n00bs i have seen the idiots that inhabit the selfkill servers vote kick somone because they got a minigun out, before he even shot a single bullet!

SPARTAN_III
July 22, 2005, 1:54 pm
^^i feel sorry for peemonkey, even though i hate the minigun.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 4:30 pm
i like this idea it makes perfect sense to do that(to exclude the person being kicked

a-4-year-old
July 22, 2005, 6:24 pm
the votekick is essentcial to kicking those hackers who ruin the game everyone should follow the important steps of kicking hackers:
#1 [a-4-year-old]omfg wtf
#2 [a-4-year-old]hacker!
#2 [yourself]who?
#3 [a-4-year-old] soldier!
#4 vote kick
#5 [soldier] wtf y?!?!?!?
#6 [a-4-year-old] your a speed hacker
#7 [soldier] no im not (gets stuck in poly)
#8 [a-4-year-old] yeah you are
#9 [server message] soldier was voted to leave the game
#10 [a-4-year-old] take that hacker
and the world is safe once again thanks to super4-year-old hack fighting, noob killing, /pissing superhero!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

SPARTAN_III
July 23, 2005, 4:11 am
^^ that's the good side of it. there's a darker side to vote kicks. n00bs abuse it when someone is killing them.

you don't even understand the suggstion, idiot.

zyxstand
July 23, 2005, 5:59 am
but i hate when ppl try to kick me off servers (mainly in rambo matches) when cuz you get first place by a large margin.....
unfortunately, as big M himself told me once, he is turning soldat into some a democratic game where you get kicked just because people don't like you (another problem with me).
i think that's just plain lame... why do we have to drag politics everywhere you go......next thing you know, there will be a forum-section entirely devoted to policits al over the world..... *looks at pop-up ad of a George-Bush-punching-game*

back to topic:
good idea....i esp. like the 2nd part cuz it just makes sense

also, there should be "50% + 1" voting capability so that in a d.m game with 11 people, if someone gets voted and 5 ppl vote yes and other 5 ppl vote no (person getting voted doesn't count) then he should be able to stay.

Green Barret
July 23, 2005, 7:03 am
Why not have an option disabling the vote box altogether? Much more simple and easy for admins to use.

Dark_Noddy
July 23, 2005, 12:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldthe votekick is essentcial to kicking those hackers who ruin the game everyone should follow the important steps of kicking hackers:
#1 [a-4-year-old]omfg wtf
#2 [a-4-year-old]hacker!
#2 [yourself]who?
#3 [a-4-year-old] soldier!
#4 vote kick
#5 [soldier] wtf y?!?!?!?
#6 [a-4-year-old] your a speed hacker
#7 [soldier] no im not (gets stuck in poly)
#8 [a-4-year-old] yeah you are
#9 [server message] soldier was voted to leave the game
#10 [a-4-year-old] take that hacker
and the world is safe once again thanks to super4-year-old hack fighting, noob killing, /pissing superhero!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

U do know that the suggestion is to REMOVE WHEN the vote percent is at 101+ rite ? meaning that even if EVERYONE on server (including the one getting voted ) votes yes nothing will happen ? because its above 100% THEN there shouldnt be no stupid vote box that is in the way and has no function...

Also:
The Edit U added later on Keron, I kindal ike it, but it would make the abuse easier (Especially servers with 2 ppl, make an exeption there maybe ? ^^)

Edit:
altho just making a option to disable it would be better :O (as suggested by Green Barret)

Captain Ben
July 23, 2005, 1:50 pm
I'd like to see an option where all vote kicks have to pass throught the admin fist.

Keron Cyst
July 23, 2005, 3:38 pm
quote:... The Edit U added later on Keron, I kindal ike it, but it would make the abuse easier (Especially servers with 2 ppl, make an exeption there maybe ? ^^)...
*lol* I never thought of that! I guess for less than 2 people the kick-vote box should also be disabled (not maps, tho'); if you don't like the other player then you can just leave the server :-)

Snowden
July 23, 2005, 9:55 pm
I highly agree.

UltraMagnus
July 26, 2005, 10:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI'd like to see an option where all vote kicks have to pass throught the admin fist.

id like to see a option where people who initiate vote kicks get kicked

Darkfist007
July 26, 2005, 4:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III^^ that's the good side of it. there's a darker side to vote kicks. n00bs abuse it when someone is killing them.

you don't even understand the suggstion, idiot.

Yeah, its annoying for that to happen, being kicked out of the server because your not breaking rules but your score is the in the top 4 after 5 min in and the egotistical n00b is on the bottom and still thinking hes the best. Many times have I saved my own ass buy voting no because I can kill someone before even get a shot off, if it were to happen to you often you would understand that. But I do prefer the vote box being invisible, maybe when you bring up the Esc menu you see the current voke kick box.