( search forums )
nofx Drum cover
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 8:04 pm
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=aGhoX3B1bmsuemlw

i tried playing drums to this pretty fast punk tune.. it went pretty well..

its the song "philty phil philanthrophist"

The Geologist
July 21, 2005, 8:14 pm
Sounds good...I'm not sure how the sound usually sounds or I'd tell you more. But, being a drummer myself, it seems a few things need work.

I'd recommend practicing with your bass pedal, pedals if you have a double kick, and really getting your single, double, and triple beats down smoothly. If you don't already, try this: Sit doown, both feet on the pedals in a good position, so that your knee is located over your leg for the most part, with your leg forming close to a 90 degree angle. This helps focus your energy over the pedal. Now, use the front of your foot to push the pedal down. This produces one beat on your kick drum. Now, keeping the pedal down with your toes and the ball of your foot, raise the back of that foot while keeping the front pressed down on the pedal. With the back raised, lighten up pressure on the pedal and then drop your whole foot. Repeat this fast enough and you'll have quick, clean double beats on your kick drum. Do this with your left foot on a double pedal and you'll have smooth double bass beats. With enough practice you can roll off four clear, quick beats with very very little effort.

I know that sounded wordy, so as if you need it explained. The rest sounded pretty good. How long have you been playing? You sounded on time for the most part. Just practice with those bass kicks and maybe some of your timing on fills and you'll be golden. Picking up a set book or getting a practice pad for your hands might not be a bad idea either.

peemonkey
July 21, 2005, 8:14 pm
(Please refrain from swearing) nofx. buncha pussies.

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 8:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSounds good...I'm not sure how the sound usually sounds or I'd tell you more. But, being a drummer myself, it seems a few things need work.

I'd recommend practicing with your bass pedal, pedals if you have a double kick, and really getting your single, double, and triple beats down smoothly. If you don't already, try this: Sit doown, both feet on the pedals in a good position, so that your knee is located over your leg for the most part, with your leg forming close to a 90 degree angle. This helps focus your energy over the pedal. Now, use the front of your foot to push the pedal down. This produces one beat on your kick drum. Now, keeping the pedal down with your toes and the ball of your foot, raise the back of that foot while keeping the front pressed down on the pedal. With the back raised, lighten up pressure on the pedal and then drop your whole foot. Repeat this fast enough and you'll have quick, clean double beats on your kick drum. Do this with your left foot on a double pedal and you'll have smooth double bass beats. With enough practice you can roll off four clear, quick beats with very very little effort.

I know that sounded wordy, so as if you need it explained. The rest sounded pretty good. How long have you been playing? You sounded on time for the most part. Just practice with those bass kicks and maybe some of your timing on fills and you'll be golden. Picking up a set book or getting a practice pad for your hands might not be a bad idea either.

i've been drumming 7 years:p but i took a long break and i've started again. i'll follow you advice and cover another song:ยค

Milkman Dan
July 22, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey(Please refrain from swearing) nofx. buncha pussies.