( search forums )
Game mode: PolyMatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 22, 2005, 5:02 am
This would require all polygons to be able to change color in-game. For DM maps, four teams.

Touch as many polygons as one can and convert to a team's color. Each polygon that is a team's color gives one point to that team per second, but only stays as a team's color for 5 seconds (the polygon then reverts back to its default map color). If two soldaten have touched a polygon and somehow manage to get off of it at the same time (o.O') it turns back to its default map color and gives points to no one :-P This way you must be moving around like the RTS Warhammer: 40,000; if you camp you lose since you're only covering one polygon.

I wonder how the description for such a match can be summarized in the game text xD

Vijchtidoodah
July 22, 2005, 9:53 am
It would be much better (and a lot less frustrating) if they didn't revert back to their default colors after only five seconds.

Green Barret
July 22, 2005, 9:57 am
Why not just add flags all over the place that change to your color when you touch them? Much more programable.

Captain Ben
July 22, 2005, 10:07 am
Kind of like a modified King of the Hill...

UltraMagnus
July 22, 2005, 10:20 am
i like the idea, but i would prefer it if they diddent change back after 5 seconds

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 10:49 am
yep like zones, and it wouldnt be alll polys just the preset ones, this rox

Captain Ben
July 22, 2005, 11:56 am
Fun, yet frustrating.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 11:58 am
i geuss it could work if king of the hill comes out in the next version by just putting more then one hills

SPARTAN_III
July 22, 2005, 1:50 pm
it shouldn't revert after 5 seconds, only change colour when a member of the opposing team touches it.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 4:32 pm
^exactly i agree with what spartan said...this sounds like a cool game mode, reminds me of territories on halo 2

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 5:46 pm
Tony Hawk = Tag

Keron Cyst
July 22, 2005, 5:47 pm
*lol* I've never touched any of Bungie's games (seriously; I've only seen trailers, demos & screenies) xP

About permanent color-change (no 5-second revert); what if the person uses some cheat or hack to get polygons in an area where most other people don't know how to reach (like somehow getting on top of Bigfalls, or something like that)?

a-4-year-old
July 22, 2005, 6:01 pm
tony hawk pro scater Grafiti
it wont be fun because hackers would ruin it, the 5 second rule is retarded,it is a total rip off off of tony hawk (said above), it wouldent work in survival mode, it wouldent work WELL in advanced mode, besides soldat is a shooting game not a run around and touch the polys game.
the only redeming quality is that campers lose :)

Vijchtidoodah
July 22, 2005, 11:01 pm
At Keron: Then just make the revert a lot longer, like 20 seconds, or just make it so that you can change the color of the polygon no matter where you touch it. For instance, if someone used a hack (which they should be kicked for anyway) and got on top of bigfalls and changed all the colors, you could just jet up from below and change them all back. Alternatively, if they got up there through a bug in the polygons, you shouldn't fret about it because they'll be stuck with access to only a few polygons while you'll have the rest of the map.

Another idea that would be interesting is that all of your polygons revert back to their normal colors if you die. That would create incentive to actually kill other people. And if it were a teammatch sort of game, you could make it so that just that person's polygons revert back to normal and not the whole team's.

VodkaZombie
July 22, 2005, 11:10 pm
I'm still not sure what the king of the hill is, but your idea sounds good.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 11:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenKind of like a modified King of the Hill...

Agree, it's very similar. But I like it. Could be kinda fun. And mode wich prevent campers. xD awesome...

Keron Cyst
July 23, 2005, 1:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah... all of your polygons revert back to their normal colors if you die. That would create incentive to actually kill other people. And if it were a teammatch sort of game, you could make it so that just that person's polygons revert back to normal and not the whole team's.
I think the individual-polygon link-to-death might be a bit complex, but I like that idea as well.[/beige]

Alamo
July 23, 2005, 12:04 pm
I really like that game mode. That sounds like a fun game.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 6:10 am
wow this one takes me back :P

numgun
August 25, 2005, 2:29 pm
hmm... this ´´king of t3h hill´´´is being popular, looks like people want it, but nobody knows how would it work out in the best way, so... I suggest my base holding idea! xD

Keron Cyst
August 25, 2005, 5:21 pm
This is not exactlyKing of the Hill... Did you read my post thoroughly?

quote:Marcinkowski himself in a PMWow that would be insane:). But maybe it would be better to capture control points instead of polygons. It might be frustrating if there were little polygons.

Now I'm thinking that'd be better, with SG outposts & stuff...

MisterX
August 25, 2005, 5:48 pm
I'm very sure that's technically totally impossible in Soldat..

Rambo_6
August 25, 2005, 7:22 pm
I can see complications with the polygons in maps. For example, what if i made a map with a zillion little tiny polys?