( search forums )
Error while changing maps
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 8:29 am
I did look for it in the forum and i did find samilier problams but it didn't help me much .
everytime map changes everybody disconected cus "wrong map detedct" thing and when they try downloading the map it start downloading get to 60% and the stop and error apears "connnection closed gracefully"
i set the max connection's to 10292398349587349587. ports are open and i dont think there is overload of downloads cus it happened when there was only 6 players also..
what could it be ?:|

----------------------------------
ok thank you , ill change it to smaller maxc'
but is this msg "Connection closed gracefully" means that it crashed ?
it's prety bad thing for the server cus 25 or more users joing while its still in the first map and when it changes only 10 top coming back and the others that get this error thinks "lame server" and look for other one :(
anyway why it needs downloading the maps , it's the same maps come's with the game i dont use custom made maps ?! and im using the latest versions so i do have them and still i need to download it
-------------------------------------------
here is an example
Next map: ctf_Maya
Maya
83.28.169.69:3766 requesting game...
Victor MALTA has left bravo team.
|mm.sdt|MaRiUsZ [VCL] joining game (83.28.169.69:3766)
|mm.sdt|MaRiUsZ [VCL] has joined alpha team.
A_V_I has left alpha team.
SgtBaBa has left bravo team.
RaZieL has left bravo team.
Soldier has left alpha team.
akilleus has left bravo team.
musashi has left alpha team.
Pashi Buzuki has left bravo team.
Maximum has left alpha team.
--DviR-- has left alpha team.
Wolverine has left bravo team.
SzOpEn has left bravo team.
X-Faktor has left alpha team.
it say's wrong map detect , when i tried to download it was downloading Kampf not Maya and it stop downloading "connection closed gracefully"

FliesLikeABrick
July 22, 2005, 3:19 pm
first off, 10292398349587349587 is a huge number and probably alone would crash the server since it is outside the range of any allowable int or smallint, which im guessing is the variable type that MaxConnections is cast as.

There are some inherent instabilities in the current server versions which make them crash very easily when running custom maps, or any case where more than one or two people try downloading the map at once.

Try setting MaxConnections to something smaller, like 25 or 50... that is the most you will need.

If it still crashes, we all just have to wait until MM addresses the instabilities in the file server portion of the soldat server

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 2:26 am
65535 is the maximum number you can have there I beleive.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 8:54 am
i think this things happend cause the server is not running fully probably cause i run it on freebsd , when someone vote map's it's mixing the maps order so it's detecting wrong maps
i found some solution to it , first i set the vote% to 999 so no votes can be apply , it's restricted but no other choice,
and i set the mapslist.txt exacly as the maps in the maps directory for example
if i got in the mapslist
1.Arena
2.Arena2
3.Arena3
4.Bigfalls
so in the maps directory it will be in the same order
1.Arena 2.Arena2
3.Arena3 4.Bigfalls
*the numbers are just for the exampls , dont write your mapslist like this*
and so and so ...seems like it's working
i dont know if this problam happens with other servers but if it does , this might help.
but now i see other problam in the dm server
Error: Could not load map (Too many files open)
damn

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 11:02 pm
im takin this all back
it just worked for a while then it start doin it again

hock3y
July 26, 2005, 4:13 pm
I have a similar problem with the server just erroring and closing itself whenever switching from a normal to a custom map. Sometimes the map will just not switch, because it says Too many files open. I think Michal knows about this problem (well I told him about mine), and he wasn't too sure what to do about it.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 4:03 am
this problams happened only in the freebsd server
minwhile when i run it on linux it dosn't happen and downloading maps is available

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2005, 12:51 pm
yes, soldat servers pretty much suck if you try to run custom maps on them :-/