( search forums )
best map maker
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
UltraMagnus
July 22, 2005, 11:29 am
hi
sorry for the n00by question that has probabally been answered millions of times before, but what is the best map maker program? is there one that does drag selection?

Aquarius
July 22, 2005, 11:35 am
MapMakerPlus

PolyWorks might be the best in the future, but it's not complete yet.

UltraMagnus
July 22, 2005, 11:46 am
uh, linky? and can it do drag selection?

DeMonIc
July 22, 2005, 12:27 pm
Here's the link:
http://soldatmaps.s58.xrea.com/

You can find its topic in the Developers Corner.

Keron Cyst
July 22, 2005, 6:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnus... and can it do drag selection?
No, but it can do quite a lot of other stuff B-)

STEELIX
July 22, 2005, 10:31 pm
It can drag selected polygons. =/

Not scenery, if that's what you meant.

Keron Cyst
July 23, 2005, 1:33 am
No, I think he means like a dragbox (where you click, drag the cursor, and select everything inside the box the cursor made).

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 5:06 pm
is there a map make that doesnt just make triangles? is there any that make squares?

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 6:46 pm
^people have asked this too many times before. i don't mean to flame, but with common sense, a square can be made by putting 2 triangles together. soldat is based off of triangles. triangle collision detection is much easier to calculate than quadrilateral collision detection.

map maker plus can't do marquee select, but it can do select by number, and wireframe mode shows ploygon numbers, which makes "line" polygons a breeze to delete.

UltraMagnus
July 28, 2005, 10:10 pm
ya, its just when i use a lot of small polygons to make an object physically there it would be great to just be able to drag a box around them to select them

Keron Cyst
July 29, 2005, 3:25 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster... map maker plus... can do select by number, and wireframe mode shows ploygon numbers, which makes "line" polygons a breeze to delete.
What?! My version of it doesn't do either of those functions (Soldat Map Maker Plus beta6 Fixed)! Can you post a link?

EDIT @UltraMagnus: you can delete multiple polygons at once by the multi-select function ([ALT] & left-click), but yeah, a dragbox would be faster as well.

papasurf31
July 29, 2005, 12:10 pm
Which is available in Polyworks, the best soldat mapmaker ever. Go get it NOW!! @ #soldat.polyworks in IRC quakenet!

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 2:58 pm
sorry about that Rabidhamster, its just i havn't gotten a decent answer yet, but you answered it, it makes sense. i would understand it more if i could undersand the dyanmics of colission.

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 7:52 pm
what about a little sub program included with the mapmaker that alows you to test way points with bots

numgun
August 14, 2005, 6:59 pm
^^^^^^
do not double post! (lol, sounds stupid, doesnt it?)