Just a funny question :P
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 12:55 pm
How do you train? [I'm gathering idea's ^^]

Thanks for advance =).

MOFO NOFO
July 22, 2005, 1:13 pm
You train by using bots on the Impossible level.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 1:14 pm
Too easy :o..
any other ideas?

.alex.oner.
July 22, 2005, 1:18 pm
get irc and join #soldat.gather
or join a clan and play lots of fcw
or just play soldat.

GunPowder
July 22, 2005, 1:22 pm
Play in famous Pubs like U13, AWH clan servers, Pro lamerzz, etc...

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 1:29 pm
Hmm alex I have try'd soldat gather once, I never understood how it even works =/
and erm gun that's what I do usualy its not that hard :P Isn't there a way to like train? like a to improve aiming or movments even more? :D...

Captain Ben
July 22, 2005, 1:33 pm
Get 30 custom law bots on impossible.

DeMonIc
July 22, 2005, 1:34 pm
Try playing with better players. Try remapping your controls for something more usable, experiment with movement, etc.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 1:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenGet 30 custom law bots on impossible.

I like that idea ^_^

any maps you suggest?
I try'd playing with 30 admirals on Arena3 on impossible :D... hehehe

TheRelinquished
July 22, 2005, 2:04 pm
Find the biggest server I possibly can (I prefer CTF), choose the weapon(s) I wanna train with, and just experiment my arse off until I've figured out the spray pattern, drop rate, fire rate, single munition power, relaod time, and just about anything else you'd care to know. Then it becomes a matter of instinct. Forcing myself to use specific strategies with specific weapons, and employing the strengths of different weapons in special situations.

The big server keeps me on my toes, and shows me how people will react to my weapon(s) and movement. Bots can never simulate what realtime battle is like. You just have to fight as many people as possible, and pay attention. Something most people don't do.

For instance, I could use my spas and knife against the machine gunners on alpha, but i realize that something like weapon 9 or 4 would have enough speed/power to carve my way through the first gunners. Then a well maneuvered saw would easily finish the job, if I'm quick enough. However, if some barretard is camping, I'll prefer to use the ol' pump shotty to bink him outta whack, and then finish him off with the knife.

And if you're playing on CTF_Death, you can just grab an m79 and LAW. At least you'll almost be guranteed two kills in the three and a half seconds you're alive.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 2:44 pm
Just get clan for your self (or make it) then you need take cw's with good clans like sv,ae,md,ef,sw.... (long list) you can find them all from irc (learning to use it is important)
Take lot of cw's and you will become greater.

.alex.oner.
July 22, 2005, 3:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoulemanJust get clan for your self (or make it) then you need take cw's with good clans like sv,ae,md,ef,sw.... (long list) you can find them all from irc (learning to use it is important)
Take lot of cw's and you will become greater.

exactly.. playing Cw's are goof dun, and good way to train better.. if your with a new clan, you may wanna have wars against clans the same skill as you, but to take on higher skilled clans (like the list Kouleman mentioned) you will become better, but expect to get owned also ;O

its alot better to play vs real people then bots, because you can expect what a bot will do once you have played long enough with it, where as real people change their movements, stratagies, weapons, etc..

3rd_account
July 22, 2005, 3:47 pm
Umm, my way was to play a lot of tedious games like this...
http://hem.bredband.net/b155326/screenshot17.png

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 4:25 pm
make custom bots and give them barret on 100% accuracy.

Felix
July 22, 2005, 4:35 pm
Gathers. Best training.

MOFO NOFO
July 22, 2005, 4:41 pm
screw barrets and law, make bots with all flame rambo with 100%accuracy and play in dm.

Keron Cyst
July 22, 2005, 5:41 pm
What are you trying to train for exactly? Become more all-around with every weap.? Find servers in Advance Mode which force you to use and adapt to the Primary you earn.

MOFO NOFO, no animated avatars....

Pixofied
July 22, 2005, 6:42 pm
Play me.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 6:45 pm
Keron I am trying to improve my movments even more then they are now, and my accuracy which is pretty high really but not enough ^^.. MOFO You'r genius imma try that out NOW :D
i'll try that in DM/Rok

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 7:43 pm
Mofo thats a great idea! I've try'd it out for like 20mins [frag limit > 100, i'd go for 1500 if I had time.. im in a rush atm]
here's the score:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/f*cku2/Soldat/MyScore.jpg
switch the * to "u" in order to see it =/.. silly forum thinks im cursing..bah!

:D I improved both my aiming and movments by a little in Rok!! :P btw if ur asking why rok? Because the gravity at rok is higher and its harder to dodge...and there is a lot of free space to fight at [down] i'mma keep it up =)...thanks for the idea Mofo.

MOFO NOFO
July 23, 2005, 3:09 am
i can animate any (Please refrain from swearing)ing avatars i want KERON... go back to sticksoldiers3.

crazymonkey
July 23, 2005, 4:13 am
Only way you get better is to fight better people.

quote:Originally posted by GunPowderAWH clan servers
WOOT, A PLUG!