( search forums )
2 New Game Modes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 7:43 pm
I was thinking about some maps i would make in the map editor when i suddenly wished Soldat had this game mode. I checked the list and there was only one suggestion simliar to it. The other idea just popped out of my head one morning.

King of the Hill:
One team or a single player has to hold their position in the "Hill" area for as long as they can, then the other players or teams have to try and take over the hill and hold their postion on it if they succede.

A way you can do this is by adding a point to the player or team score for every second that he is in teh area with no other enemies also on the hill.

Greed Mode:
I realized how much i liked sonic teh hedgehog and one thing i hated baout it was hwen you were hurt, you lose all of your rings. So i thought that a greed mode should be included with sodlat. What would happen is every 5 or 10 seconds a coin or some kind of token would spawn in a random position, then teh players would have to fight to get the most tokens and they would lose all of theirs if they died. But also a good idea is to make the player move slower and not jump as high for the more tokens he has, that way it would be balanced and one player couldn't round up all teh tokens and go camp because he would be too easy to kill, and the people with no tokens or very little, would be fast and be able to earn the spawned tokens faster than the guys with lots of tokens. (i hope i made that one clear, and sorry for all of the typos, im a bad typist)

I hope these suggestions will be considered....

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 10:43 pm
King of the Hill is a bad joke for me. [Don't ask why. And I quess U should.]

That second is interesting but I don't really like it. Just not my style. Sorry.
But could be cool.

SPARTAN_III
July 23, 2005, 4:07 am
dont like the second

July 23, 2005, 4:09 am
The second one is rather odd, I dont think collecting tokens is my thing

zyxstand
July 23, 2005, 5:34 am
first one over-mentioned....second one - SO totally not soldat

Zegovia
July 23, 2005, 1:55 pm
You mean like coinmatch in SSBM? :P

rabidhamster
July 23, 2005, 2:00 pm
tokens don't belong in soldat...

you can do 2-team king of the hill by having both flags in the middle of the map, red and blue bases in their usual places, both flags heavily fortified. tada.

Koon
July 23, 2005, 8:38 pm
King of the hill: an obvious game mode that im surprised hasnt already been in the game.

Greed mode: I'm sorry, but this would just be totally unnacceptable. (name is also not very catchy)

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 11:48 pm
well the name can change, and teh tokens can be something symbolic, like amo packs or flags.
And i have tried this game before, i made somethign just like it in Game Maker using a platform engine and everything you would find in sodlat (except like teh weapon speeds and advanced stuff like taht) and it actually turned out pretty good (except for a few bugs here and there)

If you would liek to know more about Game Maker, go here:[URL]

Captain Ben
July 24, 2005, 1:09 am
I liked the second one, kind of like coin mode in SBM. When you get damaged, coins come flying out, so the other player needs to get them. If you die, you lose 50% of your stash.

Happy Camper
July 24, 2005, 2:05 am
King Of The Hill as in that "real" screen shot of 1.2.2 by hitman.

Dark_Noddy
July 24, 2005, 3:00 am
I dont like the second one, not soldat, could be interesting tho, but as It prolly wont be liked it makes no sence adding it (wasted "work" time) :/ first one has been suggested many times

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 10:13 am
ah, the horribly embarresing first post of a newbie which many often come to regret, welcome to soldat. on topic, no just no

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 2:51 pm
1. It IS going to be implemented.

2. Sounds good.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 5:39 am
off topic: im not a newb to forums, but soldat im getting better at.
on topic: no comment

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:13 am
ur not a newb to forums, yet u bump old threads??? hmmm....

Rambo_6
July 29, 2005, 6:50 am
Enough of that.

Anyways, that screen of 1.2.2 is fake, and Fluffy is wrong about KOTH being put in soldat. The tolken collecting thing would be too iffy with soldat because you die so often, and you would barely be able to collect that many coins.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 12:00 am
quote:Originally posted by RomenI was thinking about some maps i would make in the map editor when i suddenly wished Soldat had this game mode. I checked the list and there was only one suggestion simliar to it. The other idea just popped out of my head one morning.

King of the Hill:
One team or a single player has to hold their position in the "Hill" area for as long as they can, then the other players or teams have to try and take over the hill and hold their postion on it if they succede.

A way you can do this is by adding a point to the player or team score for every second that he is in teh area with no other enemies also on the hill.

Greed Mode:
I realized how much i liked sonic teh hedgehog and one thing i hated baout it was hwen you were hurt, you lose all of your rings. So i thought that a greed mode should be included with sodlat. What would happen is every 5 or 10 seconds a coin or some kind of token would spawn in a random position, then teh players would have to fight to get the most tokens and they would lose all of theirs if they died. But also a good idea is to make the player move slower and not jump as high for the more tokens he has, that way it would be balanced and one player couldn't round up all teh tokens and go camp because he would be too easy to kill, and the people with no tokens or very little, would be fast and be able to earn the spawned tokens faster than the guys with lots of tokens. (i hope i made that one clear, and sorry for all of the typos, im a bad typist)

I hope these suggestions will be considered....

Those are good ideas, i espiacilly(whoops) like the 'Greed mode' idea

EndertheXenocide
August 4, 2005, 12:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychour not a newb to forums, yet u bump old threads??? hmmm....

how exactly to do you get posting to a thread that is 5 days old, bumping an old thread? Not all of us check the forums everyday.

On the other hand. I like the first idea even if it has been brought up multiple times. Second one, is not Soldat. Can't really give any ideas to maybe make the idea better.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 2:14 am
i would like king of the hill, if only it was real. i dont like the second one i guess it just not the kind of game i would play. im sure alot of other ppl wuld like it though