( search forums )
Throw Weap. w/ no weap.: Snatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 23, 2005, 3:36 pm
The Discard Weapon function should be reversed if you're weaponless.
You should be able to snatch enemies' weapons if you push F (or wh'ever) and are close enough as if you were punching 'em. This would make for cool movies and interesting Knife-only server matches (catching a knife hurled at you) :-D

Zero72
July 24, 2005, 12:44 am
No way. That would be hideously annoying.

Vijchtidoodah
July 24, 2005, 1:02 am
Haha, that would be the coolest addition to soldat ever. I've always wanted to catch knives and I've gotten into knife fights where each player throws their knife at the same time -- it would just be so much fun to throw away yours and then catch your opponents, only to throw it right back at them again.

On another note, I also hate how difficult it is to get a weapon if you suddenly find that you've lost yours (from the throw bug, usually)...it would be fun to run up to someone, steal their weapon and leave them defenseless while you shoot them with their own gun.

Captain Ben
July 24, 2005, 1:07 am
Perhaps not knife catching (i'd lose 94.3% of all my kills), but perhaps a snatch? Like you run up to them and do a judo kick, sending them flying back without their gun.

Michal
July 24, 2005, 1:45 am
A pretty good idea, but I really don't think catching knives should be implemented. It would be pretty difficult to catch a knife hurled at you, try it yourself if you don't believe me ;)

Vijchtidoodah
July 24, 2005, 2:31 am
It's also difficult to stay upright while flying through the air and with several bullet holes in you.

Dark_Noddy
July 24, 2005, 2:57 am
I like this Idea :) Its annoying enuff with the "punching weapons out of ppls hands" why not make it into something that actually is usefull :) For the knife catching idea ^^ I like this aswell, if it requers perfect timing (on a server with lag ROFL yea rite ^^) anyways, bottom line: I like both Ideas !

MOFO NOFO
July 24, 2005, 3:26 am
i think it SHOULD be possible, but only if you catch the HANDLE.. on another topic: shouldent the handle not kill your soldat? lol.

SPARTAN_III
July 24, 2005, 5:18 am
dammit, i hate the knife spin. and i also want knife catching. the snatch idea is pretty fun too

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 5:44 am
catching...? maybe blocking, but not catching.

MOFO NOFO
July 24, 2005, 7:28 am
lol has anyone tried punching someone whilst they hold a knife, basically, your soldier auto throws, killing the puncher. LoL!.
I wnt sum uber hax that i noe u guys hav. LoL!!.

-Velocity

"There is no spoone" - The Matricks

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 8:21 am
Thats my signature nofo.
And yes weapon snatch all the way!
Sneak up on campers in RS and still they're weapon
"WTF!?Where'd my weapon go!?"
"Feelin lucky punk?"
*Camper turns around with his own barrel between his eyes*

papasurf31
July 24, 2005, 12:35 pm
Punching already disarms the opponent, and you can do it with a weapon still in your hands if your close enough. I hardly see how this is needed, unless your saying that this grabbing move would have more range than a standard punch or gunbash.

3rd_account
July 24, 2005, 1:02 pm
Unless you're Walker, Texas Ranger, this would be impossible! If I saw a knife flying towards me then the last thing I would do would be to stick out my fingers and attempt to grab it. Perhaps try to lift up my shoe so it gets stuck in the sole, but not grab it.

MOFO NOFO
July 24, 2005, 2:15 pm
Genocide: i got it off pwned.nl :D

[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
July 24, 2005, 5:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`... *Camper turns around with his own barrel between his eyes*
But then the camper could just retake his own weapon :-P Snatch, resnatch, snatch, resnatch... xD

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:38 am
lol i wouldnt use it, youd be destroyed trying to get close enough to use it

Keron Cyst
July 25, 2005, 1:16 am
If I can approach & knife a n00b from behind busy manning an SG then you can snatch a soldat's weap.

:-P

rabidhamster
July 25, 2005, 3:04 am
you can already do this. drop your weapon, and you can punch someone's weapon out of their hands.

Keron Cyst
July 25, 2005, 5:40 am
... and then you have to run over & pick it up, whereas the victim could pull out his secondary LAW and smash you. Here, you can just grab it and use it instantly at point-blank. And here you can also catch a knife :-P

MOFO NOFO
July 25, 2005, 8:19 am
what if they have a secondary soccom?, are you suggeting that all players use law?

[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
July 25, 2005, 12:03 pm
I'd like to only see the knife catch if you're unarmed. I'd also like to see the occasional M79 shell-catch. Imagine the look on their faces when you throw it back! Would also be very helpful in Rambo :P

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 25, 2005, 1:52 pm
I would like to see this in the game. Just punching the gun out of their hands isn't enough. You can catch it sometimes btw, but it's pure luck.