( search forums )
inf_mansion :]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
KeFear
July 23, 2005, 10:32 pm
Well, i was a bit bored, and drew something in paint. This is it:

[IMAGE]

Maybe it would be good for an INF map.

And yes, it is a CS map also. But, i don't play cs ;)

EDIT:
Uhm.. i had a little time, so i played with polyworks, and this came out:

[IMAGE]

Do you like the shading or it still sucks? :) Ofcourse there will be a mansion on the right "hill" next to the sewers, and of course a lots of scenery.

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 3:48 am
Is the mansion gonna be really big or about the size in your picture?

KeFear
July 24, 2005, 8:49 am
Big, ofcourse.

EDIT: new image in first post, etc..

Michal
July 25, 2005, 6:59 pm
The shading and colours remind me a little of Boxo's style, it looks good.
I think you should make the low tunnel less straight because otherwise it could lead to lots of spraying and lagging. Make the terrain a little more hilly too.
Nice work so far, I think this map has potential...

Keron Cyst
July 25, 2005, 8:26 pm
Yeah, make both passes more hilly. And what's that square-shaped ledge in the right side of the right tunnel drop? You should try to make it look less man-made ;-)

rabidhamster
July 25, 2005, 8:35 pm
i would've made the base, but seeing as that part's already done, i can't do anything besides scenery. the reason being is that my 6-year-old comp can't handle doing box-shaped polys in mapmaker, otherwise i would definitely enjoy making the house part of the map.

Blackdavis
July 25, 2005, 9:04 pm
down in tunnel is camper place :s

KeFear
July 25, 2005, 10:19 pm
Thanks for the comments!
I want to tell you some ideas about the "map":

The tunnel under ground will be sewers (made of concrete), so that's why it's so straight, and the box is a service-room or something like that. Besides, it helps soldats to get to the top -_-

The sewers will have several "columns" with bullet collide, so it can't be sprayed or camped that much.