( search forums )
Crashing on Disconnect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 4:26 am
Everytime I disconnect from a server, via the "Exit to Menu" button, Soldat minimizes to a small black screen on my desktop, in the top right corner. I can't click anything, I can't do anything, and it is "Not Responding". Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

b00stA
July 24, 2005, 12:55 pm
Try the opposite of what you're using right now, i.e. fullscreen <--> windowed mode

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 4:32 pm
OK, it doesn't crash in windowed mode... does that mean I have to play in windowed mode for the rest of forever?

b00stA
July 24, 2005, 7:23 pm
Perhaps.
Another graphic cards driver might fix this or even the next release of Soldat. I don't know :)

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:19 am
Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Alright, this is really starting to bother me. I just installed a brand new ATI Radeon 9250 Xtasy graphics card and ever since then Soldat has been crashing as I described earlier. If anyone has any ideas, please help.

i am ahab
July 25, 2005, 11:59 am
ok . . . is there perhaps a pop up box or something that complains about soldat now having to run in softwate mode because of drivers/hardware/directx blah blah.

you may have to alt-tab to get it to appear. this tends to happen on win2k

but as boosta says drivers/graphics cards is probly yr problem kiddo kiddu kiddah.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 1:43 pm
Try disabling the 'ATITools' service from startup.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 3:08 am
Neither alt+tab or disabling ATITools changed anything.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 2:50 pm
Try disabling any extra graphics options or features you don't use, both in Config.exe and in your Display properties, just to ensure that its not something extra on the card.