( search forums )
Sig Text
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Rambo_6
July 24, 2005, 5:44 am
I know, this has been previously discussed, but i still don't get it.

Why is there a horizontal text limit? I mean, i can understand the 3 (or is it 2) lines of text limit, but why does it matter how far horizontally the text goes? It's not like it takes up any space, or makes the page longer...

Denacke
July 24, 2005, 1:34 pm
For people with a low resolution this could easily result in extra lines.

UltraMagnus
July 26, 2005, 10:56 am
then shouldnt they just switch to a higher resolution?

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 11:02 am
Not when they don't have a powerful enough computer.

Some of the signature limits are there because people with uberbig signatures make it confusing when you're reading posts - when the signature is bigger than the post then its just too big, it draws the eye away from what its supposed to be reading.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 1:15 pm
Then lets not spam :p This whole thing is rediculas, II've never had any problem reading the actual post, even when people had sigs that broke the limit. I enjoy looking at peoples signatures as well as their post. It tells a little about themselves

MOFO NOFO
July 26, 2005, 1:59 pm
MY SIG IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES.

because it aint a sig.

[IMAGE]

"There is no spoone" - The Matricks

FliesLikeABrick
July 26, 2005, 3:17 pm
animated sigs arent allowed, and you already know that the text is large

i have seen 3 people whose signatures were 4 or 5 lines of bolded text with blank lines in between. their signature was longer than 90% of their posts and it really bothered me to read threads that they had posted in

DNA.styx
July 26, 2005, 7:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOMY SIG IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES.

because it aint a sig.

You are quite right it's not a sig...it's spam...but which do you prefer: punishment for breaking the sig rules...or punishment for spamming?

MOFO NOFO
July 29, 2005, 8:39 am
i already stopped using that =/.... ill go with.. err spam.., can my posts be 0?? i wanna be kool.

DNA.styx
July 29, 2005, 12:29 pm
good good. Nope, no post counts are zero'ed.

frogboy
July 29, 2005, 12:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricktheir signature was longer than 90% of their posts and it really bothered me to read threads that they had posted in

Yeah, so if you want a long signature without FliesLikeABrick complaining, make longer posts. :P

MOFO NOFO
July 29, 2005, 12:57 pm
PLZ STYX!!!!! i want zero.. if you dont give me zero.. i can force you to..

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 1:20 pm
how will you do that? you may risk gettin' a sin bin post instead..

Cookie.
July 29, 2005, 4:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styxgood good. Nope, no post counts are zero'ed.

But you can have -1 and a muppet status for 10 bucks eh styx? ;)

DNA.styx
July 29, 2005, 7:13 pm
ahh yes the muppet tax...forgot about that :)

MOFO NOFO
July 30, 2005, 2:28 am
i didnt realise i went up a rank :/... mabye after i go up another rank ill pay the muppet tax. ive always wanted to be a muppet.

Cookie.
July 30, 2005, 4:19 am
You could do something naughty and risked getting banned :\ There is a fine line between being a muppet and being banned lol

Alamo
July 30, 2005, 11:58 am
What is this all about? The forums are not about signatures and avatars but about the contents people post. Avatars might be neat to be able to recognize ppl more easily but Sigs are more or less useless.

Rambo_6
July 31, 2005, 12:39 am
I use my sig for useful information, like links to my mods, etc.

_Mancer_
July 31, 2005, 1:13 am
quote:Originally posted by StalkyNot when they don't have a powerful enough computer.

Some of the signature limits are there because people with uberbig signatures make it confusing when you're reading posts - when the signature is bigger than the post then its just too big, it draws the eye away from what its supposed to be reading.

Honestly, is this site running for the worst computer in the world?

If your computer sucks THAT MUCH that your screen size is so small and not powerful enough to download images, then how on earth can they even f*cking be playing soldat. because soldat is a lot slower to use than a webpage I bet that much.

MOFO NOFO
July 31, 2005, 2:31 am
mabye theyre n00bs who dont play soldat. They just enter in our forums. And spam. like the kibitz dude. When he DID play, he probebly got such a crap fps he had to leave. remember them talking about lag? :p

frogboy
July 31, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_If your computer sucks THAT MUCH that your screen size is so small and not powerful enough to download images, then how on earth can they even f*cking be playing soldat.
Soldat only needs 640x480 resolution.

And it's possible to play with a 56k modem. Considering that 56k modems have a maximum of 7kb/s, if larger sigs were allowed (e.g. 30kb), then even with 5 posts on a page, it would take 21 seconds just to load all those signatures, at the maximum speed.

Milkman Dan
July 31, 2005, 4:09 am
It would especially suck if they wait 21 seconds only to find their bandwidth was sucked up by a trendwhore piece of crap.