( search forums )
First map; WIP
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 11:54 am
I just spent some time trying out Meitzi's EditPro and, well the result was this. Now Id like to ask if this is something thats worthwhile to continue on ( Seems to me as it is ), and for some suggestions for improvement.

I didnt bother to make the black/white shading today been at work and wanna play some myself ;) but the colours wont stay like that, of course.
Scenery and lots of other stuff is to be added/changed. Tips kty guys.

Well anyways, heres the ss (updated, i dont think ill do much more today but Ill start with the bottom middle part colouring soon ..) :
[IMAGE]
Go ahead and give me some tips 'bot antihing ( on topic ;] ), please!
Oh and I hope no one minds me using the mess of scenerys that Ive picked up while playing Soldat.

Swebonny
July 24, 2005, 12:41 pm
WOW this is very nice to be your first map honestly! Nice. Some scenarios or what its called and it will be great

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 12:55 pm
Man you did great on your first map,to tell the truth i suck at makeing maps.

papasurf31
July 24, 2005, 1:43 pm
It reminds me of the Rats series of maps for CS. I like it, but it's too monochromatic.

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 4:08 pm
Thanks guys happy to hear that !

But does anyone have tips for some good wood colours and a good background colours that i could use or some changes that would increase the plausibility? Id appreciate the help.

And to be completley honest this isnt my first map, made a map with lots of triangles that bounced once, heh, those were good times. :)

@papasurf31: yeah as i said i just wanted too see if anyone liked the map idea at first before i would start colouring it.

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 4:43 pm
The map looks well made but im not a fan of maps where you play a small person in a big room but thats just my opinion.

Keron Cyst
July 25, 2005, 1:20 am
Scrap the half-upper section and make a cave-like map. Your polygons are really smooth for a beginner (that's a good thing in case you didn't know :-P).

Denacke
July 25, 2005, 2:05 am
Nice job on the map, perhaps you could show a bit of the lamp :)

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystScrap the half-upper section and make a cave-like map. Your polygons are really smooth for a beginner (that's a good thing in case you didn't know :-P).

You are a LOT cooler when you talk in black, thanks.

rabidhamster
July 25, 2005, 3:33 am
wood colors, hmm. what texture are you using?

DeMonIc
July 25, 2005, 10:20 am
Looks interesting, but I think you should colour the furniture to be more realistic, cover it with scenery if necessary :)

Raptor
July 25, 2005, 2:57 pm
As everybody said, this map looks good to be your 1st one. It would be cool if you change it's name to CTF Rats or something like that xD...
Is the cup of tea (or coffe) deadly?

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 10:13 am
@DeMonIc: Yeah that was probably the best idea, but as i would be forced to cover it with streched rope ... Changed the texture instead :P

@Raptor: I just might :) And youre right the smoking cup hurts, while the glass of milk heals.

Hmm, I think youre right 'bout making the upper part lower ... Made some other changes too. ( Youll see.. )