( search forums )
Choose your destiny
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
karmazon
July 24, 2005, 9:43 pm
Ok so here's a little game type of thingy. One user posts a screen that shows a situation in soldat and other users are telling us what they would do in that situation. Pretend it's 1on1 survival ctf and first cap wins

Ok here's the thing:

[IMAGE]

You're the blue player on the right. The player on the left has an explosive weapons(M79 and LAW)(pretend ok ?!?). You have M79 and soccom. Ok pretend he has a full health and so do you.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Messiah
July 24, 2005, 9:47 pm
Either run in and FOR FRODO! it, make a new map where the that part is bigger that is my solution and another would be wait for the other guy to come to you, he cant sit there forever ;D

that fuking sniper
July 24, 2005, 9:47 pm
Retreat and observe. Either he chases after me, at which point I pull out the socom, seeing as how he is low health, and cap his ass in 1-2 bullets. Or he stays put, in which case I'll go up through the middle, find some health, and flank him. If I fall back and see that he did the same, I'll go and chase him, seeing that it's the least expected thing for me to do, and then cap his ass with a socom :p

-Since you edited this after I posted, I'll pretend that he has full health. Replace all of the "Cap his ass with a socom" with "Cap his ass with M79". Still works.

Kazuki
July 24, 2005, 9:49 pm
Haha @ "FOR FRODO! it"

Dunno, really. I usually just run in and say "the hell with it." If I feel like being "tactical" I'll climb up on one of the corners beneath the bridge and annoy the hell out of him by annoying his teammates.

F@NTOM
July 24, 2005, 9:49 pm
If he's running down the path, I would retreat, jet pack up right until he was where that poly is sticking out and fire my M79. :)
Other option would be to throw couple grenades in the tunnel :)

_Mancer_
July 24, 2005, 9:52 pm
Take out socom, and ricochet the bullets up to him. ( I always do that ;Q )

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 10:08 pm
The other guy has an advance because he's above you. I would probably retreat, and if he follows, I would blow his ass up with M79.

But if somehow, SOMEHOW, I miss, I would start jetting towards where he was in the first place (he's probably pretty right now).

In that time, I would have emptied the SOCOM magazine towards him. Damn, if I only had a knife... Then, either I manage to escape or I DIE.

SuperKill
July 24, 2005, 10:13 pm
seeing as this is CTF, i definetly dont like to spend much time in that kind of situations, so i'd rush him with the m79.. even tho that person is probably gonna law-whore me.

if its an important situation when i must reach the red flagpoint, i'll see if he's stupid enough to chase me while i retreat abit. if not, its still rush.

Happy Camper
July 24, 2005, 10:17 pm
same as SK, i'm the reckless type.

EDIT, p.s, make more of these, they are cool.

karmazon
July 24, 2005, 10:24 pm
[IMAGE]

pretty common situation, same as before full health, you're the blue player
you're opponent has the same weapons, but you have MP5
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

crazymonkey
July 24, 2005, 10:29 pm
Since I suck at M79 I would probably just ricochet the socom at him until he's forced to move, then rush with the M79 hoping I can get him with the first shot, though he'll probably just fall back and take out his law.
(This is for the first picture btw)

VodkaZombie
July 24, 2005, 10:30 pm
Spam ahead. He'll be naded sooner or later.

Kazuki
I would jet up to that corner in the middle and throw grenades through it. Really, I would. Seeing as how he has a one-hit killer, I wouldn't try my odds by jumping up and jetting against the ceiling at him. Also, this situation is more serious because if I die, I'm allowing him access to my base.

Zero72
Edit: This is for the second one.

Jump right in and start blasting. That's what the MP5 is for, as far as I'm concerned.

Chances are, I'd turn to the right, jump left and go prone in midair. Provided I could pull it off, of course.

karmazon
July 24, 2005, 10:32 pm
Ok also pretend it's 1on1 survival CTF where the person with first cap wins

Zero72
July 24, 2005, 10:34 pm
Same answer, probably. =P

VodkaZombie
July 24, 2005, 10:35 pm
Survival 1vs1 ctf = Barret Camp. Thats basically what most people do.

SuperKill
July 24, 2005, 10:43 pm
PRETEND?.. :@
there's not much to do in a situation like this one while having mp5 tbh.. i guess i'd throw a nade or 2 to get him out of there (the nades will either blast him out or make him retreat) then go down and start shooting.

but then again, i'm used to go down and barret the guy before he could wink, so i dont know how exactly i would do with the mp5.

edit - OH.. the BLUE guy! nevermind then ;f

Hoodlum
July 24, 2005, 10:51 pm
I'd run up a little and make him shoot his weapon and when he goes to reload I would run up and pop a cap in em.

Pixofied
July 24, 2005, 10:52 pm
Jump out and knife him. (Do I have a knife this time?)

- Unless you have a one hit kill weapon, I don't think there is much you can do. (excludes grenades)

Aquarius
July 24, 2005, 10:59 pm
I would retreat and pretend that I go for his flag the lower way. He would run for mine flag probably. When he would try to get out of the base with my flag I would spray him with MP5 and nades. I guess he wouldn't risk M79 jump to get out with survival.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:44 am
id take my chance with an ambush

rabidhamster
July 25, 2005, 3:00 am
first one: back up, wait or him to follow, then nade him before he gets a clear shot.

second one: same as aquarius :D

Captain Ben
July 25, 2005, 10:34 am
FFS! Just whip out the knife and jump there. i did that not even 5 minutes ago with a barreter.

MOFO NOFO
July 25, 2005, 11:30 am
ill use hax and speed up to him then change my weapon while hes typing HAXXOR, to a barret, and owning his ass.
</joke>

[IMAGE]

"There is no spoone" - The Matricks

lastpatriot
July 25, 2005, 1:37 pm
Throw Grenades, jump down and fire. The worst you could do is suicide.

July 25, 2005, 2:29 pm
Call for backup and blast him while he aint looking.

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 2:33 pm
I would run into him and kick his ass.

MOFO NOFO
July 25, 2005, 2:47 pm
id actually do this: I would call him "names" and stuff... yes then i would make him soo pissed off that he wants nothing annoying, so he can pwn me, so then ill just vote kick him, and beause he dun know what hes doing, he will press f12. LoL!
Culd ne of yu guyz giv me sum uber hax tht i know yu guyz have. LoL!!
(from pwned.nl)

[IMAGE]

AerialAssault
July 25, 2005, 2:58 pm
the second one : i'd run up the ramp ever so slightly. while timing a grenade throw perfectly, i would land a full speed throw right at his feet with only the tip of my head exposed for a short moment. he would be dead and i would be victorious. thats an easy situation for an experienced player.

STEELIX
July 25, 2005, 4:15 pm
I'd splice his skull in two using uber leet pirate magicks, of course.

Zegovia
July 25, 2005, 4:25 pm
Ill let one of my pals go in before me so he gets killed, then i rush in and nail the redskin before he has reloaded or brought up his law..... :P

AerialAssault
July 25, 2005, 7:13 pm
redskin?

Happy Camper
July 25, 2005, 7:20 pm
i think he made a racist comment tword Native Americans.

lol...

lastpatriot
July 25, 2005, 8:00 pm
Yeah...

Anyone want to repeat what happened to Mickle?

Zegovia
July 25, 2005, 11:36 pm
LOL!!! i whas meaning the red team (alpha).... XD

3rd_account
July 26, 2005, 12:27 am
Nasty situation. If I tried to nade him through the polygon or move closer he would probably fire his M79 blasting me down to my base. That's an impossible situation to have the upper-edge on, so I'd turn the tables and jump down from there and feint the hell out of him by pretending to get the red flag, but quickly coming back to throw a volley of nades down on the blue flag while he's down there for obvious reasons.

Psyker
July 26, 2005, 4:34 pm
toss nades where you're standing and go get his flag

MOFO NOFO
July 26, 2005, 5:51 pm
1 http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot657xg.jpg
2 http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot754cv.jpg
3 http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot767ye.jpg

What would you do in these 3 situations.

You are red team in the 1st one.(pretend blue didnt win lol)
And you have M79 and knife.

2nd one is barret and knife.

3rd is barret and knife.

[IMAGE]

3rd_account
July 26, 2005, 8:42 pm
1. Scratch myself somewhere while waiting for warehouse to start.
2. Say "gg" and also leave.
3. Point - Click.

Boo! karmazon had better adventures.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 6:22 am
lol, the 3rd one is pretty good :p, what if you die, actually, i pressed f4 before i died.... SKILLZLEETHAXSCRREEENSHOT!!

AerialAssault
July 27, 2005, 6:31 am
i only know how to win the 3rd one, immediately go prone, let the explosion send you upwards, while this wont kill you, you will be heavily damaged. you'll bounce right up into his face if he continues his path. BOOM HEADSHOT!

Spectral
July 27, 2005, 11:39 pm
for the b2b situation, ricochet LAW or soccom, storm in with nades then m79, or wait

for kampf, throw nades through the upper wall, then try to get up there close to him, and spray him at his face

lastpatriot
July 28, 2005, 12:53 am
1. Simple, jump and M79

2. Blast the 1st guy with crouched Barret shot, throw grenades in consecutive order for the 2nd guy. If he dodges them, pray the other guy gets him.

3. Jump and Jet, then throw and shoot everything I have in all of them. Or, roll, then throw and shoot everything I have in all of them.

Zegovia
July 29, 2005, 4:55 pm
1: ill knife the one aside of me and then heave the knife at the one above, get around and m79 the one inside at the objectife.

2: jump up and give a shot in a 40 degree angle and nail em both.

3:take a quick tap at the pointy poly there and jump above and shoot him...