( search forums )
CTF-HamburgerHill 8)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:03 am
Greetings all!!!! I am the great SloppyTACO!!

I have come with a fun new map for Soldat!

it uses all stock graphics... my next map will be 100% custom..

I am also intrested in doing a mod and a mappack if anyone else in intrested please contact me :)

Here is the full map:
[IMAGE]
Here is the Key with the layout:
[IMAGE]
Here are random ingame screenshots...:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Small, compact and Sexy!!

you can Download the map HERE:
[URL]

PLease Give feedback :)

The Mod I am interested in will make teh players look like they are out of MAD MAXX movies.. the maps will be Ruined citys and stuff in the wastelands of the future!!

8)
have fun with the map...

If you play this map on a server please contact me... Look in the README.TXT file for the E-mail address :)

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:24 am
...it defenetly looks different(in a positive way)

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:24 am
The layout looks nice, but your shading makes every polygon stand out. I don't like it. It's better if they blend together. Also, it could use more rounded shapes.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:49 am
Thanks for the nice Feedback!!

My next map will be far more refined! I must learn how to make and import masked sceery...

I forgot to mention...

The Flag base on this map are all Ice cubes!! so if you miscalculate your rocket energy you will slide off into a pit under the flagpoints...

This should be a fun map 8)

What I am hopeing is that it will be played verry fast, and the match will be won in under 15 minutes...

seems like when I make small maps in other game engines the servers like it more :) they like it because people dont get board with the map///

anyways.. thanks .. :)

papasurf31
July 25, 2005, 2:40 am
I like the rocky look of it, like it's about to fall apart and avalanche at any second. it's very unique. GJ

VodkaZombie
July 25, 2005, 2:45 am
Is this your first one? Nonetheless keep em comin.

EDIT: It really does look like a hamburger. ;)

rabidhamster
July 25, 2005, 3:18 am
i really wish i could see the hamburger in it...

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 3:31 am
Good map!

Soap
July 25, 2005, 3:48 am
This shading technique is neat.

DeMonIc
July 25, 2005, 10:19 am
The map looks great, because it's different from the mainstream. I think you should stick to this sort of shading style, since it will get you a 'name' fast :)
But! The layout doesn't allow really tactical gameplay, since every player has to go through the same little passage. Even though that the spawn places have an interesting layout, they'll only come in play when the game as at halt (both flags are captured).
In a few words, try making maps with multiple routes that don't connect into one, use your shading and scenery placing skills, and that map will dominate servers.

i am ahab
July 25, 2005, 11:33 am
agreed dude. tis a beautiful thing and keep up the fantasmic work. but while that bottleneck may have been a design feature the gameplay will be similar to ctf_death ie run stright towards where the bleeders are comin from and try not to get mowed down.

but keep churing them out mate.

moo has done some nice interfaces if you need some inspiration. his tend to be minimal mind. i look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Avarax
July 25, 2005, 12:07 pm
very nice shading technique and layout, if this is your first "real" map, you're on a good way becoming a nice mapper!

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 4:26 pm
Great!
Glad you all seem to like the shadeing 8)

as far as the map layout is concerned, the bottleneck will stay the way it is. I made the bottleneck like this for a few reasons:
1. Bloody game play
2. requires teamwork to get thru if there are lots of people
3. if it is late and there are only 4 people playing on the server they can still play.. 1 on offence and one on defence.

anyways... the next map will be geared for more people to play... it will have 2 bottlenecks in the center for "tactics"..... I am still going to make so that they can be quickly intercepted tho...

well, i am about 1/3 of the way done with the new decoration for my new map.. going to go and do some work on it now 8)

Has anyone played this map yet? if so how was the gameplay?? :)