( search forums )
Destroying the good name of guns....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 2:57 am
Is it just me or is it everytime you use a certain gun, you would automatically get labeled as a "noob" *stares at minigun* Yeah, thats because everyone who uses a minigun abuses it.... :(

Anyway, Whats up with the hatred towards the miniguns. There's only two real problems that piss me off with them... if they're overused, or used by a retard, it causes mad lag and the cheap minisurfers who take your flag and shoot off like a speed hacker. I don't say "spraying" because that truly doesnt bother me because I think instantly dying by a guy hiding in a bush who you can barely see, is alot more cheap then having your health slowly drained by random bullets.

But what about the ones (like me :P) who would use a minigun for well....actual killing. I mean if you fire a minigun into oncoming enemies its OK! But instead you get yelled at by people saying "minigun noob" or "sprayer". Ya know... its not like I'm grabbing the flag and surfing away with it :\. C'mon give more praise to the minigun backups.

Pfft...I kinda wish the idiots abusing the miniguns would stop -_-

Which reminds me...Just because most minigunners have a pretty low score doesnt mean that they suck totally. Yeah, usualy they do...but...Many minigunners are pretty much backup. I don't blame them for getting little kills. They're very helpful weakining your foes, its fun shooting at a weak soldier with an AK I'll tell you that ^_^

Anyway, pfft I'm bored >_> made this thread out of bordom...

Denacke
July 25, 2005, 3:33 am
It has been discussed many times before. Perhaps we should get a new board for rants.

Agreed, miniguns should not be abused for flagcapping and boosting. When using it, and you make yourself worth being in the team, it's not even a problem.

Though I prefer not to use it as it lags up my pc, and possibly many others.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 25, 2005, 4:15 am
There should just be a whole section for discussions and complaints like this.

crazymonkey
July 25, 2005, 4:47 am
There should be a word for people who judge someone by their gun... like GUNIST, or GUNOTYPIST.

Happy Camper
July 25, 2005, 5:11 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterbash pit...

Spam

quote:Originally posted by Mister AngryPfft...
And more spam

Anyway, i used to use the Mingun all the time, but it got annoying when you use it, then everyone in the whole damn server copys you.

I used to do very well with it in fact, on public servers at least, and not abusing it mind you, i used it in a respectable way.

But in clan wars, thats a different story, it has no practical use, because the lag is so bad, and you don't really know where you shooting, (any miniguner back me up, you know what i'm saying) and the calaber of players is often much higher then in public games.

Anyway, i love the minigun to death, i just wish people would not use it for evil, and copy the my when i use it.

crazymonkey
July 25, 2005, 6:18 am
Minigun is fun agianst campers, because they never move and just get mowed down.

MOFO NOFO
July 25, 2005, 8:16 am
YA, TEH MINIGUNR PWNZ SO MANY N00BS, THAT I CAN RAISE ME RANK IN THE SERVER FROM 3 TO 1 HEHEHE..

[IMAGE]

"There is no spoone" - The Matricks

DeMonIc
July 25, 2005, 10:07 am
Minigun. My feelings towards this cruel beauty are ambibalent: I hate it and I love it at the same time.
However, everyone hates minigun. They may never used the gun before, but they call you lame if you kill them with it. There is only a small minority that accepts and nods when he gets hammered by a minigun user. Lots and lots of servers have it banned, because it's either used for Hail, that lags slow computers, or minigun surf. 9 and a half minigunners out of 10 don't use it as a normal weapon, and that's a darn shame. If only they knew the power.. if you're good, you can beat a deathmatch server 30/14, or even better.

Captain Ben
July 25, 2005, 10:31 am
I like it best, when mixed with beserker :D

Aquarius
July 25, 2005, 12:17 pm
Minigun is 1337 and surfing is teh best.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 1:40 pm
I like to surf. Yeah, I know it's a bit lame, but it's still funny.

And I think that Minigun IS made for spraying, but I like to call it ''covering fire''. Of course, if you blast mindlessly where your target disappeared, that's spraying. But if you cover your teammates by shooting where they're going (if they're going to grab the flag, for example), that's cool.

It's a shame that the name of Minigun is in disgrace. Most of the guys call you a noob immediatly when you grab the Minigun just for a joke.

ReDevil
July 25, 2005, 2:09 pm
Using minigun isn't lame, as a weapon, the original meaning of this.
But in cw's it's lame to use it, it's right but that it's abit of abuse like Nade jumping and M79 jumping but it's BIG abuse let's say.

You take the flag with no problems with minigun, so it's like a free cap, if it's part of a game why not just minigun in clan wars all the time? Since it's the easiest way to get caps. If it's not lame I got a plan, 2 uses minigun and one other is defending, or something like that! >:/

GunPowder
July 25, 2005, 4:47 pm
There's nothing bad in miniguns, Just live with the fact that there're a lot people using it, Just like campers, Minigun (including all its uses) is a part and a way of playing the game. You may prefer playing with m79,ruger,etc.. What's wrong with someone preferring to play with Minigun??

UltraMagnus
July 26, 2005, 10:19 am
heh, reminds me of the time when me and 2 others got called "mini noobs" on the selfkill server so used surfed to a place that you could only get to by surfing and used the /mercy bug to lag the server, heh

anyhow, the minigun is ok, surfing can be annoying but its here to stay, as for "spraying" unlike the ak or whatever the minigun is a supression fire weapon, its bullets are too weak to be a viable weapon close up