( search forums )
Limited Jet Fuel
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
July 25, 2005, 4:12 am
I think it would be cool if jet fuel could be made limited in certain maps.
You would start off with no fuel and then have to get it from a certain spawn area, (defined by the map, a new type of spawn would be needed for fuel) once used up you would have to go back and get more.

The amount of fuel gained in a box could be set in the mapmaker where normally the jet fuel settings are. Each box should fill the whole bar (like health) and it should not be possible to accumulate fuel past the limit set in the mapmaker (just like you can't get past full health).

I think this would be good because then maps could be given a sort of secondary objective, like your team would have to get ahold of some fuel first before being able to reach the other teams base and grab the flag. I think this could lead to some interesting team games, with some more strategy involved.

This would work fine with INF or CTF, but I don't think it would be terribly useful for deathmatch or teammatch, but in rambo the bow could spawn in an area too high to reach without getting fuel first.

Liber_Lupus
July 25, 2005, 11:07 pm
I don't really like it. Jets are very useful when dodging bullets and if I'd run out of it, I'd problably die right away. Jets are a big part of Soldat, and that's like taking them away.

Koon
July 26, 2005, 2:56 am
I agree with liber lupus, but I do think that the jet reload time needs to be slowed a lot.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 6:51 am
nah, though your post was nicely formatted, congrats on that :P

Captain Ben
July 26, 2005, 6:53 am
ONLY on ctf, would i care to see this.

UltraMagnus
July 26, 2005, 10:24 am
no

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2005, 12:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusno

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
Guys...you do know that he is talking about an option, right? Its not like he is saying that all maps should now have a limit on jet fuel, just the ones that you want. Hell, maybe it could even be a new mode, right up next to Realistic, Survival, and Advance. Call it "1950s Soldat"

Michal
July 27, 2005, 12:29 am
Yeah, of course this would only make sense for maps specifically made for this option. Think of it like a no jets map with a possibility for gaining jets.
The problem with a no jets map right now is that the terrain has to be very limited in order for players to be able to reach all areas, but with this option once a player gains jets they can reach places normally not accessible by jumping. This gives the advantage of diverse terrain, but still with the fighting style of a no-jets map. Also it adds the strategy of conserving jets.

DT
July 27, 2005, 2:56 am
jet refuelers would be better but your jets refuel on thier own...

unless thier was a map when jets never refueled without a refuel powerup...

peemonkey
July 27, 2005, 3:21 am
100% for it.

Swarmer
July 27, 2005, 3:23 am
Jets are like the main form of movement in the game. you might as well say to add stamina and give running "fuel". I dont think this idea would really be interesting to anyone after its implemented. it'll just be a forgotten option. dont mess with the fundamentals of the game, i suggest.

peemonkey
July 27, 2005, 3:37 am
are people just not getting this? read the (Please refrain from swearing)ing post, not just the title.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 27, 2005, 4:21 am
You guys need to realize, having this, or a new "Refuel jets" Poly, we can create Elevators and traps and even climb maps can use this very well.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 6:52 am
actualy leo your right, with this it adds a whole new level to modding, im for this

Swarmer
July 27, 2005, 7:07 am
It seems like an arbitrary addon that would be cool in some instances but virtually unused in all main games.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 7:29 am
/signs, /agrees, /takemybabies

Dark_Noddy
July 27, 2005, 10:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxGuys...you do know that he is talking about an option, right? Its not like he is saying that all maps should now have a limit on jet fuel, just the ones that you want. Hell, maybe it could even be a new mode, right up next to Realistic, Survival, and Advance. Call it "1950s Soldat"

I guess we should be more open to new "fresh" Ideas :) as U said, not all maps needs to be this way ! I changed my mind on this topic :) U have my support !

Keron Cyst
July 27, 2005, 6:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey100% for it.
Definitely. Of course humongous maps will need frequent jet fuel respawn points (or polygon trampolines) :-P

Anna
July 27, 2005, 6:49 pm
All this idea requires is a jet fuel pack spawn and the option for jets to act in a similar way to health (doesn't come back automatically, starts at 0). It's entirely map dependent, which means maps would have to be created that specifically use this feature.

wunderbear
July 27, 2005, 7:42 pm
Bah! Why does everyone want to linit stuff? Ammo, Jet Fuel, what next? Movement?

[/Rant]

Interesting idea, as an option. It would be quite good on some maps. I'm for it, I guess.

rabidhamster
July 27, 2005, 8:46 pm
HELLO PEOPLE!
optional! get it?! OPTIONAL.

i'm for it.

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Originally posted by wunderbear... Why does everyone want to linit stuff? Ammo, Jet Fuel...
It requires more tactics & strategy.
quote:Originally posted by wunderbear... what next? Movement?...
*lol* Sticky ground xD

Teh Panda
July 28, 2005, 1:16 pm
I like my jet as they are :(

AerialAssault
July 28, 2005, 6:43 pm
well, i can see where this would make for some interesting game modes. game modes that i would prefer to not participate in.

numgun
July 28, 2005, 6:55 pm
mmm... no it would be like ammo crates for guns. no thanks. instead i would suggest a checkbox for unlimited fuel

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 7:16 pm
To Keron Cyst who's telling us about the new Stickfigures3: "NO OTHER TWO DIMENSIONAL GAME WILL EVER BEAT SOLDAT," except Mario World One of course.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 7:18 pm
To Keron Cyst who's telling us about the new Stickfigures3: "NO OTHER TWO DIMENSIONAL GAME WILL EVER BEAT SOLDAT," except Mario World One of course.