( search forums )
What's happening to all good servers?!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Futile
July 25, 2005, 12:17 pm
Jeeesus christ! The (Please refrain from swearing) I have to wade through every time I want to play a decent public game...

The serverlist does of course vary depending on where in the world you're connected, but I must be in the lamest neighbourhood to find online.

80% of the servers play without barret and/or minigun. What a (Please refrain from swearing)ing turnoff. Why are the damn weapons in the game if you're supposed to turn them off?!

20% have a sky high-player limit. 12 players is the (Please refrain from swearing)ing maximum in a CTF-game on the default maps. Why the (Please refrain from swearing) can't those germans get that into their heads? 16 players?! I'm all for a mayhem every now and then, but that's just ridicolous. There is absolutely no playing soldat with that amount of soldiers.

30% of the servers on my list play with weapon modification. For (Please refrain from swearing) sake! What's the reason to try and learn a game if people are allowed to change the weapon balance on a whim?

The rest of the servers are either bugtests (i dont kow why this has become so popular, setting up servers that doesnt even let people play), have worthless pings and/or a CRAPPY maplist.

Fortunatly I run my own server, but there ain't always people on it either...

There's something going on in the public soldat network, and it's nothing good.

karmazon
July 25, 2005, 12:18 pm
i eat them like i eat pussy

Futile
July 25, 2005, 12:19 pm
And this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?

Vijchtidoodah
July 25, 2005, 12:26 pm
What are you? Annoying?

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 12:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by FutileAnd this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?

I do agree that this forum is somewhat immature in a way, but you are really going to have to stop cursing so much and using overused cliche lines which noone finds particulary funny or enlightening. If you actually want someone to take you seriously, that is.

karmazon
July 25, 2005, 12:57 pm
omg outcast has 1234 posts

crazymonkey
July 25, 2005, 1:02 pm
I have a solution to this problem! Make your own server.

DNA.styx
July 25, 2005, 1:03 pm
Futile, if you comments are serious, please post them (less the swearing) in the General Discussion forum.

If you post something in the Bash Pit, then you should not complain when you receive nonsense replies....

karmazon
July 25, 2005, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styxFutile, if you comments are serious, please post them (less the swearing) in the General Discussion forum.

If you post something in the Bash Pit, then you should not complain when you receive nonsense replies....

oooh exactly, bravo sticks i love you

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 1:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonomg outcast has 1234 posts

When i get to 1337 i stop posting :D

karmazon
July 25, 2005, 1:09 pm
you mean 1773

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 1:14 pm
Why would i mean that :)

flab
July 25, 2005, 1:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by FutileAnd this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?

I do agree that this forum is somewhat immature in a way, but you are really going to have to stop cursing so much and using overused cliche lines which noone finds particulary funny or enlightening. If you actually want someone to take you seriously, that is.

LoL, says the one who hacks forums when he doesn't get his own way :>

Futile
July 25, 2005, 1:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx[...]

Complaining about nonsense replies? Where?

What have you been smoking? Can I have some?

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 2:32 pm
"And this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?"

That's a complain, you moron on a stick.

DeMonIc
July 25, 2005, 2:40 pm
quote:80% of the servers play without barret and/or minigun. What a (Please refrain from swearing)ing turnoff. Why are the damn weapons in the game if you're supposed to turn them off?!

20% have a sky high-player limit. 12 players is the (Please refrain from swearing)ing maximum in a CTF-game on the default maps. Why the (Please refrain from swearing) can't those germans get that into their heads? 16 players?! I'm all for a mayhem every now and then, but that's just ridicolous. There is absolutely no playing soldat with that amount of soldiers.

30% of the servers on my list play with weapon modification. For (Please refrain from swearing) sake! What's the reason to try and learn a game if people are allowed to change the weapon balance on a whim?

That shows that all 130% of Soldat servers are crappy.

Futile
July 25, 2005, 2:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast"And this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?"

Is it a complaint about nonsense replies, you (Please refrain from swearing)licking fcktard?

I said this forum sucks and the people running it should be hit with a frozen herring 'till they get a clue. Who the hell would waste CPU cycles on cencoring swearing, when there's not enough grunt to even perform a simple search? Only americans would do something so silly.

lastpatriot
July 25, 2005, 2:46 pm
You like the word "retard", don't you, Futile?

You used a big word! Have a gold star.

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 3:30 pm
oh nO! the barret and minigun is not enabled!1 whtf shall I dO? now I cant camp and mignigun srurf aroond the mpa and cause lag!11 wft!!

Outcast
July 25, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Futilequote:Originally posted by Outcast"And this (Please refrain from swearing)ing retarded forum for (Please refrain from swearing)tards is (Please refrain from swearing)ing cencoring swearing?! What are you? A bunch of americans?"

Is it a complaint about nonsense replies, you (Please refrain from swearing)licking fcktard?

I said this forum sucks and the people running it should be hit with a frozen herring 'till they get a clue. Who the hell would waste CPU cycles on cencoring swearing, when there's not enough grunt to even perform a simple search? Only americans would do something so silly.

You started swearing about the forum after you got a NONSENSE reply from karmazon, a standard really, but yes, your raging about the forum was due to the nonsense reply, otherwise i doubt a fella like you would double post?
Now shut your trap you prejudiced son of a (Please refrain from swearing), i you don't like it, get the (Please refrain from swearing) away before(only a matter of time) that attitude towards the one who run this(styx) gets you banned.
Now i rest my case.

Chakra`
July 25, 2005, 3:47 pm
Back on topic, the world feels your pain luv. Yes, even nazi's.

When it comes to playing public, theres a few basic rules that need be applied.

1. You're usually better off in a dedicated server.
2. It takes time, experience, and sometimes a little knowledge of this small Soldat community, but you will slowly get 'aquainted' with some servers and prefer them over others. Just keep browsing around.
3. Soldat is always more fun when you play with familiar faces, even if you only see them in Soldat. Find a 'home' in a server of your choice and get to know the regulars.
4. Those (Please refrain from swearing)ing stupid americans host some (Please refrain from swearing)ing pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ing good servers.
5. We know the forums suck. Try to ignore the idiots as best you can.

Futile
July 25, 2005, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast

You started swearing about the forum after you got a NONSENSE reply from karmazon, a standard really, but yes, your raging about the forum was due to the nonsense reply, otherwise i doubt a fella like you would double post?[...]

Where the (Please refrain from swearing) am I? The twilight zone? Are you just making (Please refrain from swearing) up or are you serious?

My feelings towards this forum has nothing to do with (this particular) nonsense reply, nor has it anything to do with the users of this board. No, what (Please refrain from swearing)ing gets to me is how god damn lame this forum _software_ is. How god damn lame the configuration of these servers are (forum servers, mind you, but also the soldat servers). How god damn backwards everyone in charge seems to be.

They just keep clingin on to this un-intuitive, slow and useless POS forum and can see no need for improvements.

Also, I hate all lame Soldat servers flooding my list. Chakra; I've been playing this marvelous little game since 1.1.3. I've had and lost many a "home" in the soldat community, and get to known many friends through the game. Still - todays servers is undeniably much worse, and much less fun to play, than the servers of last year.

The blame is Michals, for dropping the responsibility of weapon balance on the users. This is stupid. Also, his server his buggy and needs some major fixing - all of which could be quickly accomplished if he just released his god damn sources.

Last but not least; I feel a need to apologize for my "racist" comments about americans. I do know it's silly to generalize like that. I'm sorry.

Chakra`
July 25, 2005, 5:10 pm

It's quite easy to blame Michal...after all, he's a beardy polish guy in a poloneck. But at the end of the day, he's just a game-maker, not a community leader. It's hardly his fault all the social dropouts and twats of the infini-verse infest the game.
And I remember the times of 1.1.3, but mostly because I was a Real Mode only player. There were actually RM servers back then. At least 20-30 of 'em.
Still, again we're passing the blame. It ain't the servers, it's the people on them.

Anyhow guv, chin up, tame that potty mouth before that irish fecker Styx boots you, and look forward to tomorrow. A new Soldat with new possibilities is about to dawn on us believe it or not, and theres still a few things you may not have tried for achieving 'Soldat peace'.

Have you tried the U13 private server? It's a passworded server that typically only the most devoted and interested of players spend their time on. Almost always a good game in there. You can google for it.

Otherwise, check out the IRC community of Soldat on irc.quakenet.org . Theres a room called #soldat.gather where people have clan-war style games, except without the clans. A bot organises the matches, and you just go in there and say "!add" when a free server is available. Soon as it's full, you're told the details to the server in private and then it's all go.

FliesLikeABrick
July 25, 2005, 5:28 pm
If you wish to play on U13, just go to www.u13.net and take 30 seconds to register. You'll then have access to all of the new passwords on the site, as well as be introduced to a community of decent people and good soldat players

but lay off the swearing, it proves nothing

Futile
July 25, 2005, 6:36 pm
U13 is in the US, ne? I get horriffic pings over the atlantic sea...

Jaja. I'll calm down and shut the (Please refrain from swearing) up now.