( search forums )
Search feature?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
GAMEOVER
July 26, 2005, 12:36 am
Not sure if theres one already there but I couldnt find a search all forums feature any way you guys can add one?

GunPowder
July 26, 2005, 12:38 am
Nice idea, You really should implement a search all forums option

Denacke
July 26, 2005, 1:22 am
I fear it would be too much for the database to handle.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 4:53 am
that has been suggested before by me. i think the problem is that the server that the forums are on might not be able to handle the search

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 5:20 am
What do you need to search the entire forums for?

Milkman Dan
July 26, 2005, 6:46 am
We USED to have it but it screwed up the forums or something, you'll have to deal with it or pay styx for a new server.

GAMEOVER
July 26, 2005, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by GeneralWhat do you need to search the entire forums for?

Well if your looking for one topic (well me anyway) I like to see every post containing what im searching for regardless of what section its in because I see a lot of posts almost about the same things in different forums. I really dont see how the server couldnt handle that search you could always test it out and if it goes well make it public? I dunno..

frogboy
July 26, 2005, 10:06 am
When it used to be enabled, it timed out before the whole forums could be searched.

UltraMagnus
July 26, 2005, 10:58 am
i think its rather obvious, the crappy M$ server that the forums are running times out only searching a single forum unless you type somthing like "big hairy banana shuved up baboons bottom"

GAMEOVER
July 26, 2005, 11:05 am
lol^, well just thought id suggest it if we cant make it happen so be it I guess.