( search forums )
Knife Throwing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Koon
July 26, 2005, 3:02 am
I think it would be a lot easier to aim kives if they worked like grenades. the longer you hold down the throw button the farther it is thrown. Just a little idea.

rabidhamster
July 26, 2005, 3:09 pm
that might work. but just tapping f would have to do the same thing as in 1.21.

Swarmer
July 27, 2005, 7:10 am
i would agree, but i think its too late to change it. it would take a lot of adjusting to get used to, and people would get frustrated.

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 7:13 am
I dont like the idea but thats me, unless you could throw the knife a little farther then id dig it but then again you can throw a knife pretty far depending on the angle..

Keron Cyst
July 27, 2005, 6:23 pm
Nah, it wouldn't be worth the programming time. What's wrong with this? Throw it and it can reach a far distance. Close enemy? All the more faster impact. Enemy behind a hill? Just jump & rush, or throw like a mortar :-D

Koon
July 28, 2005, 2:58 am
Point taken Keron, I just thought it might be a little more realistic.

Raptor
July 28, 2005, 5:35 pm
Nah... as you all can see, knives are thrown farther than grenades, we don't need more throwing power for the knife

GunPowder
July 28, 2005, 6:31 pm
I think We should only strengthen the knife throw, Making the Knife throw variable will make using the knife a lot harder.

numgun
July 28, 2005, 6:52 pm
hmm.. nah --------> because it would take too much time to throw it: quick throw is being just ok