( search forums )
Something to stop some glitches
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darkfist007
July 26, 2005, 3:58 pm
Ok Im sure that everyone has seen someone get themself stuck in a wall because they think "it makes them look kool" when it just makes them look like a noob. And Just recently I found out the hard way that those people stuck in the walls can still shoot you even though the wall stops your shots from going through, the guy could have been hacking to shoot through walls but I dont think he was. But anyways, maybe make the insides of polygons fatal, that way theres no people on the top or the inside of death. Also it would help for when an idiot teammate basts you into the ground, it would kind of suck if you were able to get out but oh well. I dont know how you would do it but it would stop some n00bish behavior and new-bs that get stuck wont be fliping out because they barely know how to walk, and yet they are stuck in a wall. It just a small, and I think it may be easy to do, thing that would help curb a few small problems.

Meandor
July 29, 2005, 10:47 pm
Actually, you'd need to do the borders where the soldier doesn't walk deadly. People don't get stuck in poligons, they get stuck bewteen two.

KeFear
July 29, 2005, 11:01 pm
Well, i think it's quite fun to go around each map, especially if they are "closed", so you have to go through some poligons to get out. Some maps are even built to go around (think about Bigfalls' outer design..)
But oh well, abuising such things are bad, but i don't often see this.

Keron Cyst
July 30, 2005, 2:10 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorActually, you'd need to do the borders where the soldier doesn't walk deadly....
I wonder if there's a map editor that allows you to give different attributes to different vertexes of the same polygon...

MOFO NOFO
July 30, 2005, 4:34 am
or some nice person could edit the original soldat maps to do this..

Darkfist007
July 30, 2005, 7:30 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorActually, you'd need to do the borders where the soldier doesn't walk deadly. People don't get stuck in poligons, they get stuck bewteen two.

Ohhh, I always though you got stuck right under the "skin" of one polygon.
I see it everytime I play death, as well as a lot of other maps.