( search forums )
International Firearms - updates July 29th
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 5:06 pm
Heh, I finished all the weapons, but no gostek or interface yet. If the community actually likes this, then maybe, just maybe, I'll make a no-button version. But for now... TA-DAH:

EDIT: The two new gosteks:

[IMAGE]

The first one is holding a Glock 18; the second one an INSAS.

Gosteks not available for download yet.

[IMAGE]

DOWNLOAD:

http://llsc.us/members/aznblood/uploads/internationalfirearms.rar - might make a self-extracting one later.

(Woot I got transparency to work with PNG.)

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 5:19 pm
This looks very nice, but I don't like the style of these weapons... Not Soldat-ish. :P

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 7:54 pm
Heh, thanks. But what's so "unSoldatish" about it?

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 8:25 pm
Ehh.... I think that the Soldat's original weapons have more detail and not so smooth graphics.

Zero72
July 26, 2005, 8:41 pm
I think it looks really good, save the really sharp angle of the handles of those pistols, which has already been discussed. I'll give it a shot and let you know what I think.

Edit: For some reason, FireFox wants to think your .rar is a .txt.

...Or it did. Now that I've actually started downloading, it's ok. Odd.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 8:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I think it looks really
Edit: For some reason, FireFox wants to think your .rar is a .txt.

Yeah, I guess. Right-click, save-as should do the trick.

@Zipp0: Hmm? Personally, I think my weapons are more detailed... but yeah, I guess they're not Soldat-ish.

Zero72
July 26, 2005, 9:00 pm
Ok, it's quite good for the most part. I like the sounds. Except for the taser. As soon as I fired that thing, I dropped it and took a good long leak on it.

Only real problems are that the shotgun doesn't really look like a shotgun to me, and I really don't like the idea of the MP5 being a pair of ordinary-looking pistols.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 9:05 pm
Yeah... about that taser... it's a lightsabre sound. The shotgun can be found here. And the MP5, well, those are machine pistols.

EDIT: Ahh, crap, I left out the minigun on the first screenshot.

EDIT 2: Minigun shot up.

Zero72
July 26, 2005, 9:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanYeah... about that taser... it's a lightsabre sound.
I know, that's why I hated it.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 9:13 pm
Hmm... Yeah, but I can't find any taser sounds... wait, let me go look at that sfx link on DNA.styx's siggy.

EDIT: Ahh: http://www.findsounds.com/

EDIT 2: Viola! Redownload for new taser sound!

EDIT 3: The new sound is rather quiet...

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 9:28 pm
SWEET! im D/L'n right now! Even though i might change knife :\

N1nj@
July 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
Can you take a ingame screenshot please?

Your weapons look good and stuff, but it's like your other mod, just bunch of gradient colours.

PS: Where is the picture you said you gonna post?

zoldat
July 26, 2005, 10:20 pm
i love it but what is the chainsaw?

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 10:22 pm
A taser.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 11:20 pm
Red X'd

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowRed X'd

And that means...?

skill
July 27, 2005, 1:18 am
Check your pm at skill forums aznbl00d, that mod is the pwn!

KeyesBlob
July 27, 2005, 1:45 am
Where is the American weapons?

Also, do you have official names for the guns? I would like to see the name of those pistols with the radical grips.

There are two AKs?

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 4:24 am
The Glock 18, SEAL Knife, and M240 are American. The SP21 pistols are half my imagination. Two AKs...?

Zero72
July 27, 2005, 8:33 am
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanEDIT 3: The new sound is rather quiet...
You beat me to it. Still better than a lightsaber sound.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 11:50 am
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanquote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowRed X'd

And that means...?

All I see are boxes with a red X through them.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 1:01 pm
Very nice in my opinion. Just that Steyr Augs scope looks lil weird...

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 1:05 pm
@Dairy
Ha! I didn't notice that, but the Steyr Aug's scope is a bit higher, also the Steyr Aug doesn't have a magazine, azntrashcan, add it.

zoldat
July 27, 2005, 2:37 pm
They are all nice.

KeyesBlob
July 27, 2005, 3:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanThe Glock 18, SEAL Knife, and M240 are American. The SP21 pistols are half my imagination. Two AKs...?

SEAL knife? Glock 18?
M240?

Its okay for you to think they are American weapons, because we happen to use them, but in fact they are not made by american companies.

The Glock is used by police, but is a French (correct me if I'm wrong) pistol.

There is no such thing as a "SEAL" knife because SEALS use regular combat knives that many other countries use.

The M240 is made by FN (which is french, I believe) so technically it isn't American.

I meant TRUE american guns. Aka, M16, M4, etc.

I said two AKs because 3 and 9 look like AKs but 3 has more grey color to it.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 3:11 pm
FN is Belgiumish

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeyesBlobquote:Originally posted by azntrashcanThe Glock 18, SEAL Knife, and M240 are American. The SP21 pistols are half my imagination. Two AKs...?

SEAL knife? Glock 18?
M240?

Its okay for you to think they are American weapons, because we happen to use them, but in fact they are not made by american companies.

The Glock is used by police, but is a French (correct me if I'm wrong) pistol.

There is no such thing as a "SEAL" knife because SEALS use regular combat knives that many other countries use.

The M240 is made by FN (which is french, I believe) so technically it isn't American.

I meant TRUE american guns. Aka, M16, M4, etc.

I said two AKs because 3 and 9 look like AKs but 3 has more grey color to it.

Yeah, you are right. I'm making a second weapon set for the official release (along with two gosteks and an interface).

About the Steyr AUG, That little box (near the trigger) is the clip.

Red boxes...?

EDIT: I think I know what you mean; the image is a PNG.

SPARTAN_III
July 28, 2005, 7:38 am
steyr looks strange. but the rest just owns.

*buttons* >:(

July 28, 2005, 10:49 am
What buttons?

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 4:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIsteyr looks strange. but the rest just owns.

*buttons* >:(

Lolz. Anyways, I'm working on another weaponset. Any comments for the gosteks? (I think I'll make one more gostek).

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 4:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowAll I see are boxes with a red X through them.

right-click > show image.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 6:21 pm
Updates: New weaponset well underway. Check first post.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 8:48 pm
Eh, I still like Mine better :p I dont particulary like the style, to abstract. I like more detail

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMEh, I still like Mine better :p I dont particulary like the style, to abstract. I like more detail

So why are you advertising?

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMEh, I still like Mine better :p I dont particulary like the style, to abstract. I like more detail

So why are you advertising?

What do you mean, I gave you my comments on why I did'nt like it. And the link is thee to let you know what I meant. I dont think you'd know what I was talking about if I just said "Mine". Man, some people on this forum need to spend a couple hours in a rubber room with a bill gates rubber "beat em up" doll :p

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 9:16 pm
Oh, sorry if I sounded angry, but I wasn't. Look at my avatar - that's my expression. But I guess it's a style difference...

N1nj@
July 28, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMEh, I still like Mine better :p I dont particulary like the style, to abstract. I like more detail
Even tho I don't like to support aznbl00d, but this time he is right. You don't have to hijack his thread and advertise your own mod. It's liek saying "Ya your mod sucks, I think mine is better and everyone should try mine...here is the link."...That's just not right man.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 5:28 pm
Heh... Anyways, I'm running out of ideas for the shotgun replacement. Anyone have a suggestion?

KeyesBlob
July 30, 2005, 2:44 pm
A Jackhammer.

Go to world.guns.ru and in the shotgun section, the US division will have a gun called a jackhammer. Use that one, it is the shiznit.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 3:19 pm
Yeah, thanks. Look to the first page.

zoldat
July 31, 2005, 10:37 pm
could u make them without the gray bg?

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 8:07 pm
Yeah, after I release vs1.0, I'll make two versions: one without buttons and one with.

zoldat
August 1, 2005, 8:34 pm
thank u 1000 times :)

System_Decay
August 2, 2005, 2:50 am
At first I didn't like the looks of where your guns were going but after a second look they seem not bad at all, very unique way to draw them, I Like :)

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 4:41 am
Heh. Thanks. Btw, I have updates, but they're not uploaded (the image). The Black Arrow M93 (sniper on second mod) looks ugly, so I made an AWM (AI AW50) for it. The HK69 looks better now, and the Glock's handle is now silver/black. Also, the button is modified, and the Deagles look better, too.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 3:25 pm
Very good mod, azntrashcan. I like that style, and it IS soldatish ( 8> whatever...), it is greatly. Really soldatish are original weapons, but they are... just ugly (sorry Michal, I appreciate your work on Soldat, I just love your game, but... your skinning is a quite little-detailed, I think...).
And one thingy, azntrashcan: could you replace a teaser( tazer?) with a chainsaw? I think, it's too big, and chunky a little :). Chainsaw done in your style, with your skinning skillz, would be a great weapon...
Keep up teh good work :)!
With respect- private veavheel
@ weaps discussion: Glocks' an Auatrian weapon, not French!

MisterX
September 13, 2005, 8:54 pm
I also especially like your style. It looks a little cartoonish, pretty soft. Nice :)