( search forums )
Two questions about hosting a game.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 7:10 pm
DO you need a server for hosting your own game weither it being dedicated or not.... and do you need to register and pay$9 a month to host your own game????

b00stA
July 26, 2005, 7:41 pm
You can host a server from any windows / linux machine. You could host it on your home machine, but remember that it should be running 24/7 and also be online without any disconnections.

You do not need to register in order to host your own server. The $9 give you more features, which are not really needed for anything.

rabidhamster
July 26, 2005, 8:06 pm
it isn't $9/month. it's just $9. period. yes, i suppose you need a server to host your own game, as your comp automatically becomes the server when you host.

FliesLikeABrick
July 26, 2005, 8:15 pm
and the $9 is one-time (it is more of a donation to the game-maker in appreciation for his work, and in exchange you get some features) and is not a monthly payment to use the game

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 8:22 pm
ok thanx but how do you run a server then???

FliesLikeABrick
July 26, 2005, 9:50 pm
www.soldat.pl go to download then click the thing on the right that says "servers". follow the sticky threads in the Server Corps forums and you should be all set

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 10:23 pm
How do i host my own game and play it too ... is this possible???

FliesLikeABrick
July 27, 2005, 5:03 am
yes it is possible. please read the stickies and exhaust all possible options before asking questions about setting a server up, as many of us are growing tired of answering the same questions repeatedly. Also see the forum search function, you are probably not the first to ask many of the questions that brew in your mind