( search forums )
MPK Supreme Taco combo mappack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 5:13 am
Hi all!

Got all the bugs out of importing maksked sceenery :)

Been doing a lot of drawing with my GIMP, and came up with a pretty cool little map...

it is biggger than I would have liked, but is still fun to play...

Here is the Un-named CTF map layout :
[IMAGE]

No bottlenecks in this map.... in the center there is a couple of hospitals for the front line defence to refresh grenades and health...

The spawnpoints in this map are all around the outside of the flagroom... only one spawnpoint is in direct view of the flag... there should be verry little spawn camping in this map...

Here are some random shots ingame...

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

All the artwork I am includeing is going to be released for others to use.. perhaps a few of us can get together and do a mappack...

later on I want to do a MOD :)

I want to get as much practice as possible... so I can be on Soldat2 mapping team 8)..

anyways,,, going to finish tweaking some bots, and I am also going to do a verry small Death match map tonight....

later i want to learn how to map the other game modes :)

Enjoy...

I will be releaseing the entire mappack in a few days....

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 5:28 am
Looks very original. Your intricate shading will do you well on claiming popularity.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 27, 2005, 5:30 am
I just love all of your little sceneries. And that soldier hanging...haha!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 27, 2005, 7:31 am
Looks amazing, I love your style, I also like your scenaries, and will definitly make use of them.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 4:47 pm
OK,

Got the bots Fixed on the CTF MAP :)

WOW! what a fun map to play.. the bots are ruthless!! they very seldom get to the flagroom, because they are all fighting in the middle!!

Ummm, it is ready for download... I will post a link in a little while for anyone who wants to play it or beta-test...

going to work on the DM map now :

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 5:30 pm
looks nice, however i don't like that kind of shading. But original indeed. I like your sceneries very much :) Battlefield hospital, nice idea :]

Rambo_6
July 27, 2005, 10:13 pm
The shading you used isn't my preferred method, but the sceneries look pretty good. Some (ie the Flags, Pipes) look sorta too cartoony because of the gradients. But for the most part this is a pretty solid map.

Avarax
July 28, 2005, 1:05 pm
<3 shading <3 scenery, hope u'll release them to public soon ;D

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 11:42 am
Very nice map! I Love it very much! Coz there are perfect fitting scenerys and I like maps full off custom scenerys.
Good job.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 5:09 pm
Thanks for the nice feedback :)

Almost done with a DM map... I will release it later today I hope :)

I got some jeeps and a neat helichopter too now 8)

have a good day everyone :)

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 3:56 pm
Going to release 2 maps and the decorations later today...

was going to be released yesterday but my webserver id doing mantinance...

I will have everything uploaded ASAP..

sorry for the delays...

I have a new DM map... it is my best work yet... lots of details :)

I will post the maps and the screen shots in a few hours

VodkaZombie
July 30, 2005, 4:45 pm
The screenshots for the map arent showing up..maybe my connection is crappy.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 6:45 pm
VodkaZombie,

My server is gettting fixed... they are doing some matinence, and also moving d bunch of webpages to a new faster server....

Most of the time they are pretty good... this is the longest downtime so far...

well On the brite side, it has me adding to the scenery pak...
7 new trees that are perfectly scaled to the player...
going to do some long cards too with lots of trees on them to make verry lush forests quickly...

also doing some testing on grass clumps.. and flowers and plants....

I am useing 3d models for the initial shapes... rendering to get correct shadows, and then traceing over them pixel by pixel to bring out maximum detail...

everything haveing the same lightsource really adds to the reality factor... (well as real as a 2d side scrolling game can get LOL :) )

anyways...

I want to add some Humvees, various tanks, and some more Helichopter and Jets....

I may even do an aircraft carrier, if I find a nice one...

Useing 3d models makes scaleing verry easy to do.... I get the perfect angle and perspective, and the 3d raytracer takes care of all the hilights and shadows...

verry fast way to develope scaled scenery 8)

I am planning on a unscaled, fun map in the future.... kind of an "Alice in wonderland" type theme...
you are just biggger than ants... hoping from mushroom top to mushroom top...

anyways... gonna see how much more I can pack into the scene pack...yesterday the number was 151...now +7trees!!

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 8:50 pm
u should then release a scenery pack in the help/resources forum, so people can use it...

*pretty please with cherryies on top*

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 9:06 pm
Quote :" u should then release a scenery pack in the help/resources forum, so pople can use it...
*pretty please with cherryies on top* "

Yes,

I will put a link and instructions on use in the other forum thread too :)