( search forums )
new soldat mode.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 9:56 am
I was thinking about another soldat mode...
As i like big maps for the possibility of spending time to discover it at all, i imagine that it would be funny to have players (no teams) begining in randomly choosen place in the map.
The goal is to visit the map to find something (like a flag 4 example) that wont never be at the same place every round.
And at some places, some kind of indigene tributes attacking you when going in their teritories....
the round ends when a player find the flag first

to be developed...........

(sorry for my english)

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 2:10 pm
Or.. even better, how about a mode, like ctf, but you have to HOLD the flag. there is only 1 flag, and both teams must capture and hold it. The team which holds it for the longest period of time, wins. sounds nifty, eh? :]

wunderbear
July 27, 2005, 4:04 pm
Both are good. I love, LOVE huge maps. (BTW, anyone know of any huge (possibly waypointed?) maps?)

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 8:20 pm
good idea KeFear..
that will be awsome but lets think about traps near the flag...
for fun..

rabidhamster
July 27, 2005, 8:42 pm
oi, kefear. here's a slightly similiar idea that already exists in ctf. have a ctf map with a capture limit of 100-500. make both teams spawn on opposite sides of the map (or right next to each other, heh...). have both flags very close to each other (like 4 player lengths). have the flags fortified with stationaries and stuff. viola. the only drawback is that the flag can't be carried around.

Koon
July 28, 2005, 3:02 am
quote:have both flags very close to each other (like 4 player lengths).

But then one player is stuck running back and forth to score points. I like the idea of moving around with 1 flag better.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 7:33 am
or you could play point match

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 11:12 am
nah point match sucks..

TIR_Blade
July 28, 2005, 5:29 pm
can't blame him for not being creative...

numgun
July 28, 2005, 6:58 pm
big maps? inf_mountain is reeeally big ; )

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 8:19 pm
This sounds so good. I hope this will be implemented someday. But what would be it's name?

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 11:28 am
it could be named "conquistador" or "exploration" or smthg like that..........

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 3:07 am
or point match...

DT
August 1, 2005, 5:02 pm
point match would be cooler if the flag was orange
and when you die holding it, It would blow up and respawn somewhere else

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 12:12 am
that is the best ideaever DT, it would make point match actualy popular

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 11:57 pm
Maybe there should be a new mode called 'Assault' just like in Halo2. For those who don't know what it is, both or just one team, has to bring a bomb to the other base and drop the bomb. There will be a timelimit to the bomb so the other team can defuse it.
What do you guys think?

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 8:23 am
*cough*CS NOOB*cough*
i wont flame ya cause your new butdont ever suggest content from cs, you can get whacked for merely suggesting it *looks around cautiously*