( search forums )
Get a sig
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
skill
July 27, 2005, 1:13 pm
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

MOFONOFOS comment:
quote:ALSO: How could you have been designing for years if these are all DAMN TEMPLATES!

I can just say that he is a newb bcuz he probably never heard of brushes and renders, MOFONOFO, that's just embarrassing for u..

Offer ended, seems like ur all pro designers.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 1:17 pm
yeah, then when i register ill get my account banned. LoL!

toobad i dont like advertising.

OR you could use my custom sig thing, look in the Test topics thing.

ALSO: How could you have been designing for years if these are all DAMN TEMPLATES!

skill
July 27, 2005, 1:19 pm
quote:DONT WHINE ABOUT THE RULE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST IGNORE THE THREAD!
Can't you read? Sorry MOFONOFO, but that's just not nice.

+
quote:ALSO: How could you have been designing for years if these are all DAMN TEMPLATES!
HAHAH little whiner, that are all own-made brushes *ROLLEYES*

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 1:21 pm
Trust me, for me, that reply was VERY nice to what i was thinking.

You didnt even do transparency properly on the famas.
and also: woohooo 500posts.

TheFunktopus
July 27, 2005, 1:22 pm
Look at Master Whatever's rifle in Ammo's sig. That doesn't look like years of design experience.

Also, they all look like they were made with one template:
________________[name]
[game character][stupid quote]

frogboy
July 27, 2005, 1:22 pm
Trendwhore.

EDIT: :P

Meandor
July 27, 2005, 1:23 pm
http://llsc.us/members/frogboy/uploads/trendwhore.php
hm..
edit: blah, frogboy got here first. I knew it.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 1:30 pm
For someone who makes good sigs n stuff, why is yours so sh*t. You could of made ANY cool one with a smaller filesize.

AND, as funktopus pointed out: whats with the crap avatar if your some leet designer.

AHAHAH u removed the one with stuffed up transparency.

skill
July 27, 2005, 1:34 pm
MOFO NOFO do you want to go on flaming?
These Sigs are sh*t? Show me your skill. Why should i use a small noob sig, just because this forum has that rule?
That Avatar? I didnt make it, its a Mauser, a default one from another vBulletin board ( Enemy Territory ). OLOLOL

You are really a bloody NEWB!

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 1:34 pm
I think it's a tutorial day!

PHOTOSHOPGURU'S AMAZING PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL FOR TRENDY PHOTOSHOPPERS

First you have to select a really cool background. A bit like this one here.
http://www.central-ph.k12.mo.us/west/lightblue%20background.gif

Now that you have a background you should select a verrry nice render. Like this one. Props to messiah.
http://img148.exs.cx/img148/4775/maxpaynerenderforweb6569qa.png

Now that you have everything selected open up photoshop.

Make a new image and add the background on it and resize a bit for those poor modem users. It should look like this:
[IMAGE]
Quite nice don't you think?

It is getting even better now that we reach the render adding part. Cut the render off the green background and paste it on the background. You should resize it to fit before doing this process.

It should now look like this:
[IMAGE]

Pretty awesome huh? And believe it or not, it will get even better now that we are going to add some brushes. Select the 'power dither'- brush. (I am not sure about the name but that should be it) Add some brushing to the edges of the render with a color you think would fit. I am using red.
Now it should look like this:
[IMAGE]

Something still missing? Oh yes. Now you need to add borders. I'll use regular black borders with ping in the middle. They never go out of fashion. Now select the rectangle tool and draw a nice black rectangle around the image with a thick line. Now draw a pink rectangle inside the black borders with a thinner line.
It should look like this:
[IMAGE]

Oh yes. Now we get to the fun part. It's the part where you really get to use your imagination by adding different absract things. I can't really guide you on this one though.
It should be something like this but with your own absract things now:
[IMAGE]

Now comes the tricky part. You have to select an original and stylish font and write something reeeallly cool in your picture. I myself chose times new roman as I have never seen anyone else use it.
Your awesome siggy should look somewhat like this now.

[IMAGE]

Almost finished! Now all you need to do is add a couple of cool effects and fixes!
My final siggy looked like this:
[IMAGE]

I also created this animation to show the advancing of the sig.
[IMAGE]

That's all for now. Have fun creating awesome siggies!!!

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 1:37 pm
UNBAN ME EVIL-VILLE :(

BTW: thats fking awsome.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 1:42 pm
I think that they look good, stop flaming him. Even I can't make sigs like these. :|

skill
July 27, 2005, 1:50 pm
Agree, in the first version of the thread i even posted to ignore this thread if they dont like the rules, and what does this NOFONOFFO do? Flame, Flame, Flame!

EDIT: MOFONOFO is his name, sorry

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 1:53 pm
lol your a (Please refrain from swearing)ing retard.

<Evil-Ville> He ignores all the posts except MofoNofo's ones

yeah.

TheFunktopus
July 27, 2005, 2:08 pm
Hey, guys, I'm a pro designer too, I have been hiding it for a couple of years now, but ever since I started drawing crap pieces of art in MSPaint, I have been honing my talent as a desinger and as a sig maker. Here is my latest work, dedicated to me:
[IMAGE]

Please tell me your opinion on this, as I must know what renders and abstract stuff I should use to make my crap works look even better.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 2:21 pm
made a new sig for myself inspired by skill

ps: like your wooly pj's?

[IMAGE]

skill
July 27, 2005, 2:27 pm
Please stop, whiner.

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 2:40 pm
how am i whining? im not the one repeatedly posting back to say something like "Please stop, whiner." and "Flame, Flame, Flame!" ..and.. "You are really a bloody NEWB!" also..... "I can just say that he is a newb"

AND YOUR TELLING ME TO STOP WHINING. i havent whined TWICE! (i think i did once, about hating adverts)

Idiot.

LazehBoi
July 27, 2005, 2:42 pm
You lack originality.

skill
July 27, 2005, 2:48 pm
quote:DONT WHINE ABOUT THE RULE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST IGNORE THE THREAD!
Forgot that, mr mofonofo?
Stop kidding me.

N1nj@
July 27, 2005, 2:53 pm
skill is just another aznbl00d. *sigh*

LazehBoi
July 27, 2005, 2:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by skillquote:DONT WHINE ABOUT THE RULE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST IGNORE THE THREAD!
Forgot that, mr mofonofo?
Stop kidding me.

What happens when people don't follow this 'rule'? What're you going to do? Ban them?

Oh right. You can't. Sucks for you, then.

Oliver Stannus
July 27, 2005, 2:58 pm
I think that I generally agree with the idea that too many sig makers follow the same formula every time. There always seems to be the same mellow-coloured faded background with a picture overlay and some 'I-am-so-1337-that-normal-rules-of-visual-acceptability-don't-apply-to-me' message.

However, this is not my main complaint. I can't stand how many of these pictures are ripped off. And by ripped off, I mean not only did they just take them from some game photos, but they even stole the IDEA of using that picture from some other trend-noob. No-one (yes no-one) is stopping you all (yes you) from making your own images and using them for a signature. Even if you can only use MS-Paint - then GO AHEAD and use it and see what you can make without ripping stuff off. Is making something that is your own work too hard these days?

"Oh Man, I was gonna make an original sig, but I just copy-pasted some pictures off the net and applied a few photoshop filters over the top... I guess that makes me an artist right?"

Try using a 3D modelling program and build you own images to use. It is a whole lot more satisfying and at the end of the day you can say that every darn pixel is your own. Do people choose to ignore the fact that everyone is not coming up with new original pieces of art, but new original methods of stealing images?

I think Ville showed what I mean. Every sig seems to look the same. I congratulate MofoNofo (I think he did it) for the simple (even if it is done in MS-Paint) sig that doesn't use someone elses art.

So what if someone doesn't use "brushes and render". All it proves is that rather than copy someone else's technique, they took some INITIATIVE and did some new stuff. Don't take the moral high-ground just because you are the only one anywhere who can perfect a certain technique for band-wagon fashionable, trendy, photoshop signatures without 'stuffing it up' by trying something new.

So long and thanks for all the photoshop-induced-visual-irritation.

Dark_Noddy
July 27, 2005, 3:07 pm
I actually think theire quite nice aswell.. And, shouldnt this be in Bashpit? MD

Edit: lol 3 new posts before I wrote mine ^^ I must say I agree with the dude above.. rawr..

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 3:10 pm
Woohoo im getting support. Paint Power! Paint Power! Paint Power!!!

DOWN WITH SKILL!

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 3:22 pm
Hey since you guys are so good with photo shop why dont you guys do a fellow solater a favor and cell shade something for me, what ya say?

MOFO NOFO
July 27, 2005, 3:25 pm
.. is this for ya mod? GO BACK TO THE MODING SECTION!!.. of ya go.

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 3:37 pm
Well, i kind-of agree with Oliver Stannus, and not. I agree you shouldn't steal other ppls art and declare it as yours (even if you made SOME changes to it). But, not everyone can be "original". Finding new ideas, etc is just almost impossible. You might say then if you don't have original ideas, don't do it. This isn't fair, what if he sees something good, and tries to re-produce (again, pixel-by-pixel, all himself). The final result may look as if he stole it from someone, but actually he made it all.

(and i'm not talking about Skill, or anyone else)

Oliver Stannus
July 27, 2005, 3:46 pm
Yeah, thank you for agreeing. I know it can be hard to make your own stuff (I still can't get it right half the time), however, people only learn by trying. A person new to sigs is likely to try what other people do (unfortunately). If everyone is making photoshop rip-off sigs when they can make their own, it isn't very encouraging. I think new designers should be happy to try on their own.

I know there are some situations where it is suitable to use other people's images. I think it can be a good idea sometimes. However personally, I'd like to see more fully self-made sigs.

skill
July 27, 2005, 5:30 pm
Who stealt art and declared it as his?
I made that myself :S

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
Everyones talkin in circles.. if your so good cell shade an explosion for me post under my help topic.

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 5:39 pm
Yeah, if one starts to create his own from a blank image, that's the best, he can learn from it, etc. But if he doesn't have talent and/or patience, he can give up very fast. Which is not by all means bad actually :] It's always good to see original ideas and stuff around, and boring to see over-used clichés everywhere. But hey. That's everywhere. For example look at the game-making "industry". All the same theme in every new game. If one have a good idea, others will copy it etc. It can be good also, as everyone adds his new and better ideas then it will be the best after a while. Or it can even turn in to the opposite: it can be a f*cked up sh!t after a short time.

To skill, yes, you may have done it yourself from scratch, and you may have drawn every single pixel on those images by yourself, it is just a common theme that you can find anywhere.

And if you ask about me, i suck at drawing and arts, etc, but sometimes i have nice ideas, just can't make 'em good. So they are all lost in the pit.

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 5:51 pm
Well not everyone can make their own ideas.. for example me im really good at thinking up of ideas but when it comes to making them work I fall short kinda like with this cell-shaded explosion I been tryin to get someone to do for 3 days :( others can do both and are balanced while others can just do but lack the idea.. I think its good to have all 3 types around.

_Mancer_
July 27, 2005, 6:04 pm
[IMAGE]

I don't make sigs anymore but this is the last one I ever made :Q

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 6:09 pm
That has a heavy duto hardcore ish type industrial theme pretty nice.

Hitman
July 27, 2005, 6:28 pm
Mofo, you're an idiot and an asshole for winding skill up. You attack him and his offer and then make fun of him when he responds in self defence. I know he can't do anything about people who are against ("Trendwhorish") Photoshop-rendered images, which is why he requested in his main post for those individuals to just ignore the topic. Why not just ignore it, or do you have this flaming urge to just piss people off who make an effort to give something to the community no matter how small or 'lame', as some of you see it.

He may (judging from his posts) be slightly immature or at least below the age of 14, but that doesn't mean you have to pick on him and label him another aznblood because of his childish replies. How do you think a 13 year old would react if you were to start making fun of him? Remember, if he becomes another aznblood, it's because you pissed him off.

Leave him the hell alone.

lastpatriot
July 27, 2005, 6:34 pm
Bring back non-picture signatures!

Dark_Noddy
July 27, 2005, 8:07 pm
well said Hitman !

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 8:24 pm
Yes, I agree with Hitman, MOFO NOFO is a bit agressive.

LazehBoi
July 27, 2005, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by HitmanRemember, if he becomes another aznblood, it's because you pissed him off.

Yeah guys. He isn't aznbl00d. This and aznbl00d's older signature aren't enough. Back off.

Pixofied
July 27, 2005, 8:52 pm
quote:Paint Power! Paint Power! Paint Power!!!
May I suggest, if your going to draw any PixelArt, you use GraphicsGale. MSPaint is so useless its unbelievable.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 8:55 pm
quote:MSPaint is so useless its unbelievable.

Ahem...? All of my mods and PS31's (I'm assuming) were made with MS Paint.

Pixofied
July 27, 2005, 9:03 pm
Yea, just taken a look. Whats your point?

LazehBoi
July 27, 2005, 9:03 pm
I think a better example would be Evil-Ville's stuff. I'm pretty sure most, if not all of it is made in MS Paint.

b00stA
July 27, 2005, 9:43 pm
(moved from Gen. Disc. to Bash Pit)

This topic is great.

_Mancer_
July 27, 2005, 9:53 pm
Not all of it is made in msnpaint.. I saw some photoshopped gradient and shadow effects in one of em D:

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 10:04 pm
Eh Mancer what are you talking about? I haven't had photoshop/paintshop pro for like 6 months. Explain

_Mancer_
July 27, 2005, 10:10 pm
I think cookies sig.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 10:14 pm
Oh, too bad I didn't make Cookie's sig.

n00bface
July 27, 2005, 10:14 pm
i didn't make it either in case you were wondering

LazehBoi
July 27, 2005, 10:15 pm
[IMAGE]

Awesome shading.

b00stA
July 27, 2005, 10:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi[IMAGE]

Awesome shading.

Does someone know where to get the red brush? That looks awesome.

Meandor
July 28, 2005, 12:13 am
It is a rare item. I'll trade it for your baby.

papasurf31
July 28, 2005, 12:56 am
To make sure no one less than a commander posts on this page:

A search for PS31 came up with this topic. And yes, I don't use anything besides MSpaint for my mods. I have gimp, but that's only for maps.

MOFO NOFO
July 28, 2005, 8:22 am
Fine; ill stop picking on skill.. But you have to admit, he does have his cursor on my head whilst holding a "Flame"thrower.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 4:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by PixofiedYea, just taken a look. Whats your point?

You. The guy who beats on MS Paint. Go look at Evil-Ville's Super Happy Mod.