( search forums )
Image Positioning Method
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 27, 2005, 6:51 pm
The current method of images is based on the first pixel of an image. Go ahead; hover the cursor just to the top-right of your soldat. He'll aim at its top-left corner, not its center. This is also trouble for some weapons such as the rocket launcher which, if modded, can only be mounted on a soldat's shoulder if he's facing to the left (for an image facing to the right, you can only push it down, and for an image to the left, only up). Allowing images to be positioned based on the center would give great modding potential.

*bold-faced & sized for your easy-attention convenience*
Yes, I realize the change would disrupt older mods which use the corner-pixel image method. So I think some .DAT file (or wh'ever; Soldat seems perfectly content with .TXTs) could accompany every new mod that uses center-imaging, that says "Center-image:True" or something. That way, any mods that have it set to False, or are completely lacking the .TXT could stay in the old corner-pixel positioning.

What do you think? :-)

rabidhamster
July 27, 2005, 11:24 pm
ok... sure... why not, i support it.

Koon
July 28, 2005, 3:08 am
I agree completely! (although i'm still not entirely sure what the hell you were talking about)

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 6:20 am
*lol* You need to have tried fooling around with images in Soldat and attempted modding or else this idea will make no sense at all.

Captain Ben
July 28, 2005, 7:12 am
Good idea, but I tried this ages ago. Michal M, himself, said that this idea wouldn't work, thanks to Soldat being 'programmed too crappily'.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 7:27 am
lol, MM speaks so highly about his creation

-Claw-
July 28, 2005, 9:55 am
well, example: Try to mod a hat to a cap for soldier... there you see some results..

Captain Ben
July 28, 2005, 10:57 am
This annoys me deeply with my pirate hat, though.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 12:39 pm
I suggested this quite awhile ago. It needed to be brought back up though.

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben... Michal himself, said that this idea wouldn't work, thanks to Soldat being 'programmed too crappily'.

Did he say something like that to suggestions that were eventually implemented? Maybe we still have hope! :-D

UltraMagnus
July 28, 2005, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenGood idea, but I tried this ages ago. Michal M, himself, said that this idea wouldn't work, thanks to Soldat being 'programmed too crappily'.

you mean he actually used to post on the forums!!

*sarcasm detector explodes*

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 9:34 am
nice magnus, he has posted in one of my topics once.....once :(