( search forums )
CTF Base
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
July 27, 2005, 11:58 pm
CTF Base
Well... this map is a partially non-symmetrical map that took me a long time to make. It is based on two big bases with many tunnels in each one. Each base has different sets of tunnels, so it's a new experience for players in different teams to travel through the map.

I thank General for giving me the idea and also reinforcing it with a little scetch he made here.

Overview:

[IMAGE]

Download:
Click Here

Please don't give me suggestions and improvements for this map, those were already given.

I hope you like this map!

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 12:33 am
quite nice! i love your shading technique, i use it too. i know you didn't want any suggestions, but put sandbags and shtuff in the open, and make the cave inners darker.

papasurf31
July 28, 2005, 12:50 am
they look like dragon heads. funky cool.

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 12:54 am
^what'dya know? they do. awsome! raptor, don't forget my suggestion.

Felix
July 28, 2005, 1:14 am
You're gettin better, maybe much scenerys and stuff rite u know, dats cool n stuff rite ( :P )

nah seriously, its pretty good I like it

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 1:28 am
Put more scenery & more clouds at different levels of transparency resized at different heights & widths. IMO, BG colors are too bright. Also label on the pic. where respawn points & the flags are. Kinda looks like a snipers' heaven.

Constructive criticism... :-P

Rambo_6
July 28, 2005, 2:23 am
Some helpful hints:

-Add more grass to some areas (it will looke more like an oasis :D
- Stretch the clouds a bit, and make them a little transparent.
- Add a dark background blank.bmp in each cave, and make it half transparent. This will make the caves seem darker.
- Smooth out a few edges (but not too many)
- Make sure that nobody can walk on the roof

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 2:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst...BG colors are too bright...

lol, raptor has never gotten background colors right, plus it looks like he tried pretty hard this time... ah well. maybe he'll get it right 23 maps later :D

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 6:24 am
He had a good effect in mind, but IMO he doesn't exaggerate the darker side enough, and the light is too light :-P

MOFO NOFO
July 28, 2005, 8:45 am
make the bground a lil darker, ur maps r getting better, though you NEEED a darker background. seriously.

Zero72
July 28, 2005, 9:47 am
I don't mind a brighter background now and then as long as it's a realistic color and not friggin' lime-green-to-white like that other map. =P

This looks cool, but could use more scenery. Also, is it waypointed?

Raptor
July 28, 2005, 5:27 pm
Thank you all for those comments and some of your suggestions that I LIKE! :D. I guess you are right rabidhamster, I've never gotten a bgcolor right xD, but I really tried hard.
I'll make an exemption (is that spelled right?) this time, I'll add some of your suggestions to the map...

Thanks!

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 7:46 pm
Wow, looks awesome. Thanks for using my idea.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 2:15 am
Meh. Nice.

VodkaZombie
August 4, 2005, 2:42 am
Looks great, more scenery would make it better.

-Claw-
August 4, 2005, 3:03 am
Hmm, i like it, needs more scenery tho :p

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 7:10 am
I was going to use that idea sometime. (Badword).

zoldat
August 4, 2005, 10:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Some helpful hints:

-Add more grass to some areas (it will looke more like an oasis :D

but no more then, i like how its simple

Raptor
August 5, 2005, 1:23 am
Thanks you all for those comments. And as you all can see, this the first map everyone likes :D. I guess my maps ideas are pretty bad, I think I'll need someone to give me suggestions sometimes.
With the bgcolors too xD.