( search forums )
Bots get flag and forget how to friggin' shoot
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Zero72
July 28, 2005, 9:17 am
As described in the title, any hope of being able to trust a bot with a flag are completely shot down in this version. Whether it's blue, red or black, touching a flag causes a bot's trigger finger to fall off. Even if it's shot, all it does in exchange is point its gun menacingly and try to glare its attacker to death.

Annoying, especially for us 56Kers who do a lot of our playing offline.

Edit: Oh, I have noted that bot flag carriers will shoot at other bot flag carriers, but that's it.

Keron Cyst
July 28, 2005, 4:36 pm
That's probably because whenever bots shoot they also move accordingly, so they haven't been programmed to shoot in any other situation (the only other one is flag-carrying :-P). I also hope this is fixed.

peemonkey
July 28, 2005, 8:12 pm
it's not just this version mang, it's been like this for eons. still, the bots are pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ing smart, but still, the bots have room for improvment.

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 8:57 am
Well, there's another thing I somehow simply failed to notice for an amazingly long amount of time. Still, I would consider it a bug, and would really like it fixed.

i am ahab
July 29, 2005, 3:34 pm
well from the little i know about ai, i imagine you could maybe just copy the attacking section of the behaviour with a few modifications. like run away instead of towards, never crouch or lie down. and shoot at any bleeder anywhere near you.
depends how the big M has coded it mind. it could be a pigdog to do.

rabidhamster
July 29, 2005, 8:10 pm
^knowing a little text-based programming, i don't think it would be that hard to fix.

also, bots with flags sometimes get stuck at stationary guns. i think this wouldn't be that hard to fix either.