( search forums )
White server message??
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
RaVeN6_6_6
July 28, 2005, 3:38 pm
Today while playing soldat i saw someone making messages where the chat and server messages go with white text and no player name or anything before it. The guy was admin and i think thats how he could do it. in my consolelog i found this:

05-07-28 22:36:03 [>tG<|Freeman] lol
[VireX] I want it up the ass (Please refrain from swearing)!!
05-07-28 22:36:24 >tG<|R.a.V.e.N captured the Red Flag

the middle line has no timestamp which was really weird. anyone know how this can be done?

rabidhamster
July 28, 2005, 4:14 pm
erm... no idea. if it was the say command, it would have [server message] in front of the text, so it's probably not say. flieslikeabrick might know the answer.

KeFear
July 28, 2005, 4:44 pm
the answer is: multi line message.
*slaps dabookshah for posting a question about it*
*slaps himself for telling how it works*

n00bface
July 28, 2005, 5:05 pm
yes it is multi line message bug and you have probably unleashed a new plague to soldat KeFear for absolutely no reason...

RaVeN6_6_6
July 28, 2005, 9:10 pm
I don't suppose anyone would care to elaborate on that. I'm sure it must be a special character you type but as to which one i have no idea. can anyone give point me in the right direction?

Edit:
Oh i see. I can't beleive I didn't figure that out from the log file. For all the noobs out there wanting to do it i can confirm that u need to be admin to do it. A pity though. I could have had some fun with it in other servers ;P