( search forums )
Weird error msg out of no where
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
GAMEOVER
July 29, 2005, 7:28 am
Can anyone tell me what this is and what needs to be done? Heres a screen shot.

[IMAGE]

i am ahab
July 29, 2005, 3:43 pm
theres been a few threads about access violations dude. have a search.

off the top of my head:
its an addressing problem in your memory. which causes soldat to crash.

you can try a memory manager. theres one called 7max i think that people have reported success with.

N1nj@
July 29, 2005, 4:14 pm
From READ: Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list

Access Violation

Although in version 1.2 this problem was supposed to be fixed, it still occurs now and then. The error message commonly being:

'Access Violation at address 0055411E in module 'Soldat.exe', Read of address 0000000000'

It's been reported that it happens more frequently during viewing of Demos. To solve this problem do the following:
1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - It's the most common cause of this problem
2. Do not use 'Reg Cracks' On Soldat
3. Uninstall soldat
4. Delete the Soldat folder
5. Restart Your Computer
6. Install soldat 1.2.1
7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder*
b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder*
8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder*
* If you do not see these files do the following:

Open My Computer, go to Tools > Folder options > View, enable 'Show hidden files and folders', click 'Apply to all folders', Yes and then Ok

If those files are on your system, you'll be able to find and delete them now. However, if you don't have them, then steps 1 #8211; 7 should have fixed the problem.

rabidhamster
July 29, 2005, 8:14 pm
i've had this problem before. i don't know why i happens, but jsut hold down <enter> for a couple seconds until it goes away. eventually, it will stop showing on future soldat runs.

if this doesn't work, i don't know what the problem is.