( search forums )
Fix saw.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MOFO NOFO
July 29, 2005, 8:20 am
Yes; fix the chainsaw. the chainsaws Saw part doesnt hurt people :O

While im on the topic of fixing, when u shoot a barret REALLY CLOSE, the bullet goes past the soldat.

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 10:58 pm
This is a very well-documented problem, friend.

Captain Ben
July 29, 2005, 11:09 pm
I wish the chainsaw was throwable.

i am ahab
July 29, 2005, 11:12 pm
i wish i could catch it mid air on the end of one of my handless arms whilst screaming
I'M BRUCE CAMPBELL (Please refrain from swearing)ES!
and then run around whooping ass with my shotgun.

lastpatriot
July 29, 2005, 11:19 pm
YOU'RE A GOODY-TWO SHOES! DOODOODOODOODOODOODOODOO!!!

MOFO NOFO
July 30, 2005, 1:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI wish the chainsaw was throwable.

Press F. I know it's hard for a newb like you to remember ALL the buttons, thats why there are people here to help you :)
</sarcasm>

Swebonny
July 30, 2005, 9:49 am
lol that Mofo ^^

Koon
July 30, 2005, 4:12 pm
If you pres F it justs drops the chainsaw, you can't hurt people. Besides, if you could throw the chainsaw what would the knife be worth?

vash763
July 30, 2005, 5:24 pm
chainsaw - reload = knive

and you wouldnt be able to throw a chainsaw as far as a knive

UltraMagnus
July 30, 2005, 5:58 pm
those bugs undeniably need fixing, but as soon as you threw the chainsaw it would stop spinning, just giving whoever it hit a bad headache

Kyklis
July 30, 2005, 6:39 pm
No, the chainsaw should be made throwable, but if you pressed the right button just before it hit you, WITH another chainsaw equipped, you'd start juggling the chainsaws ( up to a max of 5 chainsaws ). That would be cool :P.

N1nj@
July 30, 2005, 6:40 pm
The second one isn't really a bug. Its just that the barrel of the gun is longer, so the bullet starts farther than any other gun. So that's why the bullet goes past the player when you come close, you just have to aim better. =)

Zero72
July 30, 2005, 8:20 pm
And/or carry a knife, if you're quick enough with it. =P

And I think the throwable chainsaw idea is total crap.

DT
July 30, 2005, 9:20 pm
and unfair to the knife
and no don't give crap like
"oh the throwing range won't be far so that the knife goes farther then the chainsaw"

Zero72
July 30, 2005, 9:31 pm
Yes. The knife and chainsaw are balanced (or were, until the chainsaw's hit detection was broken.) The chainsaw is much easier to kill with at close range, so the knife can be thrown to make up for that.

Also, a throwing knife makes sense. A throwing chainsaw doesn't.

Keron Cyst
July 31, 2005, 3:10 am
If it tore off your own arms as well as the victim's it would xD

_Mancer_
July 31, 2005, 3:44 am
While your at it, upgrade chainsaw ammo. Because back in 1.1.4 and stuff when it was unlimited.. it was an awesome weapon to use (would go to 200 and loop)

But if you made the ammo longer and hit range bigger I would probably use it.

Its usless right now..

MOFO NOFO
July 31, 2005, 4:00 am
THIS IS NOT A "THROWABLE CHAINSAWS vs KNIFE" thread... but mancer: how about it has 50 ammo then reloads whilst the saw can actually cut?, because for some reason i dont think MM will bring back its unlimited ammo.
also: i think the saw should kill people with vest in 1 go. I think somewhere along the line the chain got nerfed.

Captain Ben
July 31, 2005, 1:01 pm
I never played 1.1.5, but I like the unlimited chainsaw ammo-thing. It'd be good to see that and a better collision detection.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 31, 2005, 1:24 pm