( search forums )
I have a request.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 5:45 pm
Can anyone post weapon gfx that has marks were gostek hands would go and were muzzel flash would be and clip (May be confusing) I have always wanted to make a mod but not have to go back and forth fixing gfx. Ull probley call me lazy lol :) if u have files pm me or post here.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:32 pm
anyone......

Liber_Lupus
July 29, 2005, 6:37 pm
You mean gosteks, right? http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1330

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:45 pm
no mean on gun like wear ur gostek would have his hands

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:46 pm
like on mp5 hes holding it at handel and front part

GAMEOVER
July 29, 2005, 6:49 pm
I think you can edit the hand placement yourself with a gostek editor I know someone makes one look in fan apps im almost positive its there, gl.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:53 pm
i mean on WEAPON GFX Like put colored marks were ur guys hand would be while playing with the weapon......

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 6:53 pm
it has nuthin to do with gostek ewxcept hand

GAMEOVER
July 29, 2005, 6:58 pm
Well check out these

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=23012

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24923

If those dont help then I dont know.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 7:29 pm
LISTEN! It has nothing to do with editing gostecs i just need wepon gfx that have markers that point out were ur persons hand will be at on the gun so i wont have to go back and forth tryin to get it right.... geez... and marker to show were clip would show up and muzzel flash

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 8:40 pm
I know what you mean, man. Hang on, let me see if I can whip something up for you.

By the way, use the Edit button, the sheet of paper with the pencil over it, to add onto an existing post instead of posting twice in a row.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 8:52 pm
thank u so much (just a thought add a reed me that describes the markers) thanks a bunch!

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 8:55 pm
[IMAGE]

I tested it, and it should be perfect.

As for the clip, the image for it is the same size as the image of the gun itself, so they actually line up perfectly by themselves -- Just lay one over the other, if you follow me.

There's not much you can do about the muzzle flashes just yet, but that'll change in the next version, thankfully.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 8:57 pm
um i hate to say it but i meant all guns LOL sry edit: and add marker for were clip goes cuz i dont follow you

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 8:59 pm
and if u do continue make markers lil bit smaller

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 9:02 pm
Ah. Well, it's not hard to do. Open the file you want, make a guess, test it in the game and adjust accordingly.

And use [IMAGE]to edit your posts instead of double-posting. A lot of people will get grumpy with you if you keep doing that.

Keron Cyst
July 30, 2005, 2:45 am
*gets grumpy* The thread acts as if there's a new post even if you only edited, in case you didn't realize that before (I sure didn't).

What do you mean by doing that to all the guns? The hands don't change positions with guns; they're always in the same places of the graphics starting from the top-left pixel, so just copy the red stuff Zero72 put and use [Alt] + Tab to make sure they're placed in the same areas.

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 12:32 am
i know but aww never mind......

- Tek -
August 1, 2005, 9:28 pm
I knwo what he means, but basically you have to see it ingame to figure it out. Like with the deagles, I kind of figures out where teh hand fits on there, then I guess I just put the muzzle flash according to how teh gun and hand fit together. Its just a (Please refrain from swearing) to mod stuff, that's all.

Zero72
August 2, 2005, 8:33 am
That image actually will work with every weapon. I learned that while making Mega Man 2.0.