( search forums )
Controlling other player!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Anti-mff
July 29, 2005, 7:04 pm
I just have to report a bug I experienced just now. It was like this, I tried to join a public deathmatch server and got an error message that said something like "000000000 parametre error 0000000000".
Then I tried to join again and got in but as soon as I'd made my first jump to the left after choosing a weapon I noticed that the soldier i controlled looked different from my usual style even though it wasn't one of those "clan servers" where you look the same as the first player to join. Also, I noticed that I had the MP5 instead of my good ol' M79, which I had previously chosen, and that there was another player standing exacly where I'd spawned. He had the same outfit as I usually have and when I inspite of huge lag managed to kill him he turned out to have the same name as I usually do (being <|Hollow.Chaos|>).
Then "I" suddenly respawned at the same place as the other me and killed him again, this time with the weapon that I'd actually chosen, but during this action I noticed that the player I had somewhat control over tended to move in directions that I didn't move it in from time to time. Also, somebody seemed to be controlling "the other me" most of the time, and I say most of the time for at glimpses of seconds here and there the centre of screen switched to the position of the player named <|Hollow.Chaos|> and during this times I could move this soldier around.
The whole thing repeated itself a number of times with the strange player which I played with most of the time killing the player named <|Hollow.Chaos|>. When doing this I got a few kill messages like "You killed <|Hollow.Chaos|>" and one or two "You killed yourself". According to the upper right corner "I" was someone with a girl's name (don't really remember wich) and this person started typing things like "hollow why r u doing this?", "stop it". These chat messages appaered above the head of the soldier that I could move, throw grenades, burst, shoot with and choose weapon for! After a while she/he got tired of it an left the game and at that time I was kicked from the game (even though there was still a afk "<|Hollow.Chaos|>" left in the game when I rejoined as "<|Hollow.Chaos|>(2)").

This is for sure the first time something as weird as this has happened to me while playing Soldat. Anyone experinced something similar?

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2005, 9:20 pm
this is a known bug where a clone follows you around and other weird chings can happen at the same time

ThaD
November 28, 2005, 5:13 pm
this is probably this situation, very very weird bug :)

http://www.stereokinetic.republika.pl/thadpimpzlaczenie.sdm

Deleted User
December 2, 2005, 7:56 pm
Yes this happened to me a few times. Exept, it wasnt jsut a clone, my dude was moving around by itself. Weirddd.