( search forums )
A sign of hope?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
July 30, 2005, 2:07 am
I got this feeling, as if we're about to expirience a huge change in Soldat.
I dunno, maybe its just the track being player atm on Soldat Radio..
Maybe its just my hopes being renewed by the upcoming new version.

But I have this feeling, that a new age is coming to us.

Main reason is the new version, it seems to me that the beta testers and michal himself had learned from past mistakes alot.
It might not be perfect but atleast they check the right things on their verious possiblities.
Also the soldat Radio that I have alot of plans for.
Maybe even the Hof.

I feel as if this community is about to go through a change.
As if the new versions will bring some of the old stuff we were missing too along with some good news stuff.

I guess I'm hoping for that, since I (and as I heard alot of other old geezers such as me) are making this a last stand and a last chance for Soldat.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 2:55 am
I think I understand what you mean, but while some aspects of the community are improving, there has been an incrase in soldat publicity, and a corresponding influx of not so friendly people. Hopefully, the new version, combined with new community additions, such as Soldat Radio, innovative makers and [url="http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=25823">modders, should hopefully overpower any negative impact from a jackass migration.

EDIT: Sorry for all the links, I just figured I might as well take some time to give some attention to things I think are important.

MOFO NOFO
July 30, 2005, 3:21 am
I think there will be a HUGE change... i think there will be more complaining newbies.

I also think the version will be hackproof (atleast for awhile) because MM brought back EnEsCe probebly to fix future probable hacks and things.

Outcast
July 30, 2005, 3:26 am
You been drinking again?

crazymonkey
July 30, 2005, 3:40 am
Wonder what soldat will be like 10 years later..

Cookie.
July 30, 2005, 3:50 am
quote:Originally posted by GeneralI think I understand what you mean, but while some aspects of the community are improving, there has been an incrase in soldat publicity, and a corresponding influx of not so friendly people. Hopefully, the new version, combined with new community additions, such as Soldat Radio, innovative makers and [url="http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=25823">modders, should hopefully overpower any negative impact from a jackass migration.

EDIT: Sorry for all the links, I just figured I might as well take some time to give some attention to things I think are important.

Woot I got linked too twice! har ahr and so did Rambo! And me and rambo just did a collab map! :o

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 3:52 am
I post prophetic links.

SO SAYEH THE PROPHET!

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 4:18 am
i agree Ok, by the way your a rockin' Dj

Cookie.
July 30, 2005, 4:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Taali agree Ok, by the way your a rockin' Dj

LIAR! Outcast is the best DJ by far :P

Rambo_6
July 30, 2005, 4:40 am
SOLDAT IS GIVING ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING!

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 SOLDAT IS GIVING ME A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
lol
i understand what you're saying man. what is Hof? it would be awesome if michal brought back some stuff from the older versoins

Chakra`
July 30, 2005, 5:58 am
PRAISE THE LAWD AND HALLELUJAH, THE DAY OF RECKONIN' IS UPON US!

i'll admit, theres a very remote chance what Ok says is true. However, you (the community) are all a bunch of idiotic goat smugglers, so I doubt it. Basically we'll have the resources, just not the....people... to make a new and better future for Soldat.

Outcast
July 30, 2005, 6:04 am
You're drunk too, shut up.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 30, 2005, 6:07 am
I have seen the light, and it is glorious.

Cookie.
July 30, 2005, 6:56 am
mikeshonida if it was (Please refrain from swearing) yeti dont listen... he turned out to be devil yeti! praise stayun

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 9:46 am
what MM coulkd do is ask a few veterans with some coding ability to join him in coding soldat, theyd be trusted members of the community of course

Oliver Stannus
July 30, 2005, 12:29 pm
Also, MM could shoot himself in the foot; with trusted bullets of course.

Soldat started of as a small game. As the years go by, not only has it turned into a small online sport, but many of the people who played it have grown older. This can be good, but in my opinion it means that sometimes the Soldat community takes everything too seriously - as if their life depends on the latest update or whatever.

I think we could all use newbies as an example. Remember everyone was a noob, once. They treat each Soldat game as the funnest thing in the world. They find endless entertainment in the spraying of a minigun while the rest of the community grumbles about bugs, updates, clans, sigs, mods, each other and noobs.

I think the greatest thing MM could put in the new version is a little window that pops up before every game that says 'Remember, it's just a game, guys!.

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 1:05 pm
i strongly disagree, you see my life does depend on the next version -_- <<my serious face

Chakra`
July 30, 2005, 2:09 pm
oh man, Oliver...the 'it's just a game' arguement is getting exeptionally old.

We know it's a game. We enjoy it alot and want only the best out of it. So hard to understand? It's not serious, it's just serious fun!

papasurf31
July 30, 2005, 2:20 pm
w00t linked. And, yeah I feel the same way. A new Age is upon us. The Soldat revolution.

rabidhamster
July 30, 2005, 2:42 pm
y2k all over again... kinda.

VodkaZombie
July 30, 2005, 3:38 pm
It'll go through a new revolution every version. If only i could stop time.

Ok
July 30, 2005, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieIt'll go through a new revolution every version. If only i could stop time.

I think I can help with that.
Give me your adress and I'll make sure time stops for u.

jk relax:P

UltraMagnus
July 30, 2005, 6:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`oh man, Oliver...the 'it's just a game' arguement is getting exeptionally old.

We know it's a game. We enjoy it alot and want only the best out of it. So hard to understand? It's not serious, it's just serious fun!

that argument may be getting old, but no one is taking any notice, soldat IS, just a game, NOTHING more

personally i dont think the new version is what is making soldat better, it is the influx of newbies

VodkaZombie
July 30, 2005, 6:36 pm
quote:I think I can help with that.
Give me your adress and I'll make sure time stops for u.

jk relax:P

Hah, NEVAR! ;)

quote:that argument may be getting old, but no one is taking any notice, soldat IS, just a game, NOTHING more

personally i dont think the new version is what is making soldat better, it is the influx of newbies

The influx of noobs will always be there, and they will have a part in ruining the game. But we should take part in creating a good and friendly and positive environment, it will certainly do well in the next version.

Cookie.
July 30, 2005, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31w00t linked. And, yeah I feel the same way. A new Age is upon us. The Soldat revolution.

Is this soldat revolution a cult! :O

DT
July 30, 2005, 8:55 pm
Something is coming... but it will take a while...

Psyker
July 30, 2005, 11:10 pm
you guys think about soldat too much.

papasurf31
July 30, 2005, 11:26 pm
WTF are we supposed to think about? Quake? It's fricking SOLDAT forums, you illiterate sh1tbag.

XD

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 1:16 am
its the second coming of our lord....MM, which is wierd cause hes never died ....*ponders*

GAMEOVER
July 31, 2005, 3:21 am
Well im a n00b and coming from a n00b to Soldat (but long time power gamer) whos goin on around a month of play the Soldat community has been very unfriendly I dont want to label everyone so ill say the majority (7 or 8 out of 10) have been very unwelcoming lol, it wont deter me from the game because all games have these type of people. As long as an expierenced gamer (or any mature person for that matter) knows theres gonna be a few rotten apples in every batch and can look past em theres lots of fun to be had in this game. The real players let their play do the talking not their mouth.

_Mancer_
July 31, 2005, 3:41 am
GAMEOVER is leet

MOFO NOFO
July 31, 2005, 3:56 am
He wasnt talking about you ;)

Psyker
July 31, 2005, 4:38 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31WTF are we supposed to think about? Quake? It's fricking SOLDAT forums, you illiterate sh1tbag.

XD

hey do you want to join my clan rN* we need good, friendly players like you

MOFO NOFO
July 31, 2005, 6:12 am
No clan advertising in the general discussion.

LazehBoi
July 31, 2005, 6:15 am
Indeed. A new age is coming. The age of...
BUNNY EARS!

Cookie.
July 31, 2005, 7:50 am
Lazehboi go talk to Urhos about that I am sure he could go on for hours!