( search forums )
Time to vote your Hall of Famers!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
July 30, 2005, 10:15 am
Ok guys, the committee is set!
here: http://www.denacke.net/soldathof/viewtopic.php?t=24

Now we need to do our job, and we can use your help.

You can suggest candidates here:
http://www.denacke.net/soldathof/viewforum.php?f=6

Pls read the rules before posting.
Remember, Hall of Fame is not just for special players its also for special ppl!

Belier13
July 30, 2005, 1:12 pm
Am I special ?

VodkaZombie
July 30, 2005, 3:41 pm
quote:Remember, Hall of Fame is not just for special players its also for special ppl!

Special people as in who contribute to soldat?

Ok
July 30, 2005, 4:29 pm
Yup.

SuperKill
July 30, 2005, 5:16 pm
is there a list of people that may get voted?

Kazuki
July 30, 2005, 5:21 pm
... =| Retired people only? Hmm. I'm not whining or anything, it just doesn't feel ... right. :X Could just be me.

Aquarius
July 30, 2005, 5:22 pm
My HoF is quite short:

1. Michal Marcinkowski

SuperKill
July 30, 2005, 5:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillis there a list of people that may get voted?

anyone?

AerialAssault
July 30, 2005, 5:42 pm
who wants to nominate the commie?

ThaD
July 30, 2005, 5:58 pm
damn, now I have to retire ;p

N1nj@
July 30, 2005, 6:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki... =| Retired people only? Hmm. I'm not whining or anything, it just doesn't feel ... right. :X Could just be me.
Ya, I agree, it's kinda not fair...

_Mancer_
July 30, 2005, 8:11 pm
This was the worst idea ever. Its like picking out cool people and people who are not cool.

lastpatriot
July 30, 2005, 8:29 pm
Name an election that isn't like that.

DT
July 30, 2005, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_This was the worst idea ever. Its like picking out cool people and people who are not cool.
like me

Ok
July 30, 2005, 11:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillis there a list of people that may get voted?

Nope, we have a committee to discuss it.
So you really can candidate anyone you want.

lastpatriot
July 31, 2005, 12:34 pm
I nominate myself, just to fill a voting spot.

Captain Ben
July 31, 2005, 1:18 pm
Could I vote myself in as the "Most Piratey Soldat Player"?

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 1:23 pm
"Hall of famers will be only retired players!"
that think ruins the "hall of fame" think sorry coss of that there will not be many...

July 31, 2005, 2:13 pm
The idea for a Hall of Fame is a bit crap, if you ask me. Not only because it's a circle-jerk popularity contest, but because the Soldat just isn't big enough. I highly doubt that there is a single Soldat player that the majority of the masses aspires to. Mention any of the names on a public server, and I can guarantee that at least one person will say "Who?"

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 5:24 pm
I don't understand why A Hall of Fame would exist anyways. Not just his, but any. It's just pointless.

reckon
July 31, 2005, 6:09 pm
Theres no true record setters in the soldat community so the ideas a big flop.

Ok
July 31, 2005, 7:14 pm
Hall of Fame is made to thank all those who made it possible so u pricks can play on those good servers, so other pricks can enjoy good leagues with good rules.
so you guys can have a developed community .
You enjoy stuff thx to effort from ppl who are not here anymore, so it really doesnt matter if u know them or not.
They deserve the graditude, and as I said a million times, stating this is a popularity contest is a pure statment of ignorance towords what this project is.

IF you don't want to contribute fine, but don't diss other ppl's efforts by saying "I don't know him, so he doesnt desreve it"

SuperKill
July 31, 2005, 7:42 pm
bleah, you all miss the point of the HoF.. you too, Ok.

quote:Originally posted by StickyThe idea for a Hall of Fame is a bit crap, if you ask me. Not only because it's a circle-jerk popularity contest, but because the Soldat just isn't big enough. I highly doubt that there is a single Soldat player that the majority of the masses aspires to. Mention any of the names on a public server, and I can guarantee that at least one person will say "Who?"

i dont understand.
you're saying soldat's too small, and then you're hinting that average players won't recognize the elected "hall of famers" at all? correct me if i'm wrong but you contradict yourself.
anyway, the whole point is pretty much, for people to start knowing who the elected people are.. what they did or contributed, or which clans they lead to glory, or WHATEVER.

other than that, its not like everyone will have to bow down to the elected players, or hail them regularily on servers. its just a little fun and nifty idea. so how about you lots that flame the concept over and over again just chill the f*ck out?
you dont like it? dont participate. doubt its hard.

Kazuki
July 31, 2005, 7:54 pm
I think the fact they don't like it is because it affects the Soldat community as a whole, and the community involves them. Even if they don't participate, they are still affected. Most people will just not like it because they were not included, and thus I dub them as stubborn.

I don't really have anything against the idea, though it could be just a matter of opinion. However, I do feel that something should be done about the fact that the HoF will feature retired players only. That's just not right.

Ok
July 31, 2005, 8:23 pm
Well I have doubts about the idea itself.
I gave it alot of thought, so I made a thread regarding it and explaining my position in the HoF forums + you can vote :)
http://www.denacke.net/soldathof/viewtopic.php?t=28

flab
July 31, 2005, 8:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI think the fact they don't like it is because it affects the Soldat community as a whole, and the community involves them. Even if they don't participate, they are still affected. Most people will just not like it because they were not included, and thus I dub them as stubborn.

I don't really have anything against the idea, though it could be just a matter of opinion. However, I do feel that something should be done about the fact that the HoF will feature retired players only. That's just not right.

I agree. The joys of a democracy allow everyone the opportunity to be involved. If you disagree with it and don't want to participate then don't turn around after and say "omg i don't know him, how he can be in a HoF?" or "why isn't so and so in it?"

I say to all you doubters, if you think someone deserves to remembered for something good they've contributed to the community, then just post their name on the HoF forum. Why should someone who has long stopped playing the game just dissapear and be removed? Maybe if there are accounts of some of the greatness these people have brought then noobs can aspire to be like them ( a long shot i know ;p )

Anyway, there are loads of great players on the North American side I've never heard of I'm sure, and vice-versa. Myself being a retired player (well, I like to call it semi-retired) it's hard to appreciate any of the newer generation of soldat players in clans today. HoF will hopefully bring back some of the great memories I had playing soldat and make me realise why I actually played this game for so long, because atm I just can't see what attracted me (I'm sure that goes for numerous others too).

I kinda agree with Kazuki a bit, there are some great legends in soldat still playing today. All you have to do is follow the links in my signature and you'll be plastered with great people who have been around for ages and acheived great things. Alot of people seem to get this mixed up with a record board, the name itself, although misleading (people think its a popularity contest), is and should be for those we want to remember and pass on memories of those great times to others. (Sounds like a book of condolence the way I'm describing).

The soldat community reminds me of the British public, whenever something tries to be successful, they can't wait to see it fail. Give it a chance, mmkay?

Kazuki
July 31, 2005, 9:27 pm
Nice post, Flab. :) I want to elaborate on the fact that most people think this is a popularity contest. To an extent, it is. However, you just have to think of it differently. It's hard to explain, but I think of it as more of an event where the public votes on who they think they would like to remember years from now. Who has earned the right to be recognized for everything they have and are still doing in their Soldat career? This judgement isn't solely based on popularity. In fact, popularity is just the basis of it. If the person wasn't popular, the chances are you wouldn't have heard of them. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have known them personally. If that were true, you wouldn't be able to vote becuase you wouldn't know what you like and dislike about the person.

I'm sorry if I'm blabbering on and on; I'm just trying to explain how I believe the HoF should be though of. Guess it's not working too well.