( search forums )
Soldat 1.1.2 Released!
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
February 10, 2003, 8:02 pm
I hope there will be no big bugs in this version. I want to finish the Map Maker now!

OK here it is:

Changes (1.1.1->1.1.2):
- Fixed connecting problems - "free cam bug"
This was a nasty bug. I hope it WAS:)
Now it may occur when you have large ping times to the server. But it always happened.

- Fixed prone get up, get down bug in network games
This happened if someone lied down and didn't move.

- Fixed roof respawn and collision bug on some maps
If it happens somewhere report on the forum!

- Fixed game menu displaying
Vanishing menu backgrounds and stuff...

- Fixed sliding when prone in some situations

- Added team auto balance option in CTF & Infiltration
Hope this will come in handy. It doesn't work in Teammatch because I didn't know yet how to do it. I mean there are 4 teams. There has to be a system for balancing 4 teams, what if players want to have only 2 teams? Maybe you'll come up with something guys?

- Added version number to ASE rules

- Added information in console about Survival or Realistic mode

- Changed Rambo bow respawn on Bridge map

- Changed team game servers show max. respawn time on servers lists

That's all now.
I need mirrors for the new files, so give me them if you have. Thanks.
And we need more dedicated servers!

skc.nevermore
February 10, 2003, 8:11 pm
we need a linux version, then you'll get a lot of dedicated servers ;)

liquidis x snake
February 10, 2003, 8:15 pm
thank you michal!!!! YOU ARE GOD (or just looks like him, as mentioned in the FAQ)

::kisses michals feet:: MUAH MUAH MUAH.

Death_Storm_Neo
February 10, 2003, 8:20 pm
hmm. Waiting for the server list to work. Says wrong version but clearly in the lobby it has the newest version added. Hmm now the lobby is offline, weird

Ronin
February 10, 2003, 8:25 pm
Wicked [:D]
I try to run a dedicated server when I'm not home (it pretty much renders my comp useless) but I like to play too sometimes...
Oh, the autobalance thing.. maybe another checkbox in the server setup? we don't have nearly enough of em [;)]
Thanx Michal

Oh yeah, an for you lazy [:-censored]s, here===> http://soldat.cyberion.pl/patch-mirrors.htm

mateenjahanmiry
February 10, 2003, 8:34 pm
wow, that was fast michal, good job. I'm so glad the free camera [:-censored] is fixed, i hated that bug, it pissed me off w/ a very great passion.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 10, 2003, 8:43 pm
The lobby server is having some troubles. It should work in an hour or so.

---- OK it took half an hour. It's working now!

SuperKill
February 10, 2003, 8:50 pm
hahaha lmao dude...ur on a soldat creating spree :\ (which is goood) o.0 ...i think 0.o

Death_Storm_Neo
February 10, 2003, 8:50 pm
Thanks for the reply Mike

Michal Marcinkowski
February 10, 2003, 9:02 pm
Superkill: It was the same when I released 1.0.0. I released 5 patches in 3 weeks or something:)

mateenjahanmiry
February 10, 2003, 9:08 pm
Hey Michal: Why does it say that I have been banned for cheating, I swear I don't cheat, I love this game and cheating ruins it, IM MAD!!! I NEVER CHEATED, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!, whatever, this cheat system doesn't work that well obviously, hehe.

mateenjahanmiry
February 10, 2003, 9:17 pm
man, i paid 9 dollars for nothing, this is messed up..... whatever, enjoy my useless money michal

illicyx
February 10, 2003, 10:12 pm
It's not useless. I'm sure Michal will find good use for it.

DNA.styx
February 10, 2003, 10:25 pm
Michal, can we clear our ban lists, if most where caused by a bug in v1.1?
I've got 257 IPs listed at the moment

n2j3
February 11, 2003, 12:51 am
thanks for the update.

McGibs
February 11, 2003, 2:05 am
quote:Originally posted by mateenjahanmiry
Hey Michal: Why does it say that I have been banned for cheating, I swear I don't cheat, I love this game and cheating ruins it, IM MAD!!! I NEVER CHEATED, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!, whatever, this cheat system doesn't work that well obviously, hehe.

I am having the same problem. I just installed the patch and I got kicked out of a game for "cheating". It must be from the patch.

that fuking sniper
February 11, 2003, 2:31 am
check if you have something rinning while soldat it, like media player or msn messenger, i got banned for cheating sometime when someone sent me an msn message, just sign out... and close other proggys working, then try, if not, reinstall the game...

Social Poison
February 11, 2003, 5:56 am
Ya, as the cheat protection says, you should close down all background proggies because Soldat nails you for anything that even LOOKS like a piece of hacking software (IE Media Player ;) )

Evolution
February 11, 2003, 6:43 am
I was wondering......
will you ever make vehicles or
new guns in a new version of Soldat?
(To Michal)

M
February 11, 2003, 6:53 am
YOU ROCK MICHAL

Michal Marcinkowski
February 11, 2003, 2:32 pm
Yeah you can clear your ban lists.

Bescher
February 11, 2003, 2:45 pm
Hi all!
Special "hello" to Michael :)).
I´ve got a big problem. I can´t find any servers, since the new version. :((
Whats wrong ?

Greetz from Germany.
Bescher

Onyros
February 11, 2003, 2:58 pm
The lobby server's down, that pretty much sums it up ;)

Bescher
February 11, 2003, 3:02 pm
When it´ll work ?

Michal Marcinkowski
February 11, 2003, 4:24 pm
The server is having some troubles. I can't do anything now. Should be fixed in a couple of hours.

M
February 11, 2003, 4:29 pm
Hope they will be ready soon.I wanne play tonight.

Darac
February 14, 2003, 2:56 am
michal: are you going to fix the bug that give me a black screen? someone said it would have something to do with old video cards... mine is a SiS 620 if that means anythign to you...
i cant play soldat untill that is fixed... :/

ada89
February 14, 2003, 4:32 am
Have u thick one of these box at the Soldat Config thing?

Troubleshooting

Video Compatibility

Force Software

Blanck screen while bonus fix (old AT1 CARD)

CH_SHe
February 14, 2003, 1:59 pm
Thanks for your work! i really appreciate it!
i do do do wanna pay for this!!
and still there's NO BIG problem with this version.. :)

r0kkeri
February 14, 2003, 4:08 pm
Dammit... the couple o' hours has gone way too long... It STILL doesn't WORK!!!!

DNA.styx
February 14, 2003, 4:19 pm
r0kkeri, what are you talking about? If it's the fact that the lobbyserver's down look in the bugs forum for a work around using All Seeing Eye.

Mr-T
February 14, 2003, 7:46 pm
michal: What do you think the ETA on the new Mapmaker is? I am new to the Soldat community so I really don't know what kind of time increments I should expect on this sort of thing.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to make an option to skip the splash screen in the next versions to come. Thanks. Keep up the great work!

DNA.styx
February 15, 2003, 12:49 am
quote:Also, I think it would be a good idea to make an option to skip the splash screen in the next versions to come.There's an option in config.exe to do that very thing.

No_future
February 18, 2003, 8:13 pm
Hi, I have two problems when I'm playin' on the Infiltration mode with bots... One is on Abel map, after respawn I somtimes born in a place above the map and crash into the roof (14 seconds and -2 frags)... the second problem is on Warehouse map I think there is a problem with bot paths... Is a map section on this forum?

DNA.styx
February 18, 2003, 9:28 pm
Click [urk="http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/default.asp"]here[/url] for a complete list of all the forums

N1nj@
February 18, 2003, 9:43 pm
how you use ASE, is there some site i go to or waht..

Mossy
February 18, 2003, 9:45 pm
lol - 'urk'

anyway, I still can't get enough of those sweet gfx's in the game :)