( search forums )
how do I decrease the font size in soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Psyker
July 30, 2005, 11:09 pm
here, i'll let the screenshots speak for themselves.

poop's screen (what seems to be normal):

[IMAGE]

my screen (massively steroid huge):

[IMAGE]

how do i decrease the font size? sometimes, i like being able to read what everyone's saying. this problem's been plaguing me since i've installed soldat for the first time, and uninstalling + reinstalling does not work

if it's relevant, i run soldat fullscreen on a 1280x1024 resolution, which is probably why the font is so massive, but if that's why then i'd like a method to change the font size

b00stA
July 31, 2005, 4:39 pm
i run soldat fullscreen on a 1280x1024 resolution, which is probably why the font is so massive
Soldat's only resolution is 640x480. If you're running in fullscreen mode, then that is definately the resolution your monitor is using at that time. In windowed mode, the game is 640x480 too, but the default desktop resolution is kept.

What kind of monitor do you have? CRT (big one) or TFT/LCD? Do you happen to use Windows XP?

i am ahab
August 1, 2005, 11:37 am
hmm dude well i run it fullscreen too.
but what im fairly sure happens is that when soldat runs it resizes your display to 640x480 which is why your screen flicks on and off when you load it. its directx resizing your screen output. if you alt tab in between programs you should notice a flicker and a second before it reappears on a crt monitor as it recallibrates the output. so regardless of what resolution you run on soldat changes it. so i dont think its that.

it -might- be something to do with the font file that comes with soldat. because that is often left behind when you uninstall. you would have to ensure it was deleted before you reinstall. hence the instruction to delete the entire directory when you reinstall soldat. i forget what the font file is and dont have access to it atm so i cant name it for you. try that. but save any logs or profiles you want elsewhere obviously ;)