( search forums )
dm Vietnam [BETA]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 12:03 am
yes, I know, it sucks, but it's my first map, ok? so go easy on me....

neways, it's waypointed, but with errors, it's actually fun to play with a lot of other people, not knowing where they are lurking at in the jungles....

okay, so here's the set-up of the map, the USMC has found a village infested with Vietcong, and so they've set-up two camps, surrounding the hill which the village is located on. They've chosen this day to assault the village.
Red team -
You are the first USMC squad, located on the east side of the village
Blue team -
You are the second USMC squad, located on the west side of the village
Yellow team -
you are the Vietcong, holed up inside the village, waiting for the USMC
Green team -
You are a band of rebels, marching through the jungle, when you find this going on.

Because the map is so big, I included 4 stationary guns (if you don't like them, just disable them in your options)

It's fun to hide in the bushes and wait for someone to come by!

Overview
Download

Messiah
July 31, 2005, 12:08 am
To be honest its very good for your first only thing is you should add some more color to it.

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 12:12 am
ty, and that's coming in the full version, along with a better waypoint system, and maybe a new path, oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, there's a CTF version if any of you want it, using the two USMC bases as the flag spots

grand_diablo
July 31, 2005, 1:27 am
+ its "rounded"
+ nice middle part
+ nice "story"/team descriptions

° too big
° side parts too lagrange like

- too many hiding places
- one way only
- texture not fitting the map
- doenst make a good CTF map

More negative than positivie points, but still a good job for a first attempt ;)

Keron Cyst
July 31, 2005, 3:15 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo... doenst make a good CTF map...
Isn't it DM? But anyways I think the BG colors are too bright. Basically I agree with what grand_diablo said.

Raptor
July 31, 2005, 8:33 pm
I would like it better if you shade it.

wunderbear
July 31, 2005, 9:51 pm
and then made it Ctf. We need more big maps.

Raptor
July 31, 2005, 9:54 pm
Btw, I'm making a huge map. CTF Kobold, I'll post it soon!

EDIT: It is as big as B2b

wunderbear
July 31, 2005, 9:56 pm
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HOORAH!!

Korinth
August 2, 2005, 8:38 pm
it would be sweet if it had a more undergound passages....like the veitcong had...other than that it isnt to bad

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 7:02 am
LMAO!! What a coincidinc - my first map was a vietnam map - although I think in my opinion it was a bit better. Ill release a copy of it on this thread if i can - i got a new computer completely so ill have to find someone who would have it still.

It isnt rounded or shaded naturally as a first map, but still it would be interesting to compare 1st maps that were intended to be vietnam dm maps. XD

btw - i beleive there is already a dm vietnam somewhere in existance...dont remember...