( search forums )
Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ráz0r
July 31, 2005, 8:31 pm
I play soldat for a random amount of time & then my computer restarts, or just shuts down. I can play games like HL2 with no problems, however with soldat its not the case. My graphics card is a ati radeon 9800 secondary with 256mb.

Things I have tried:
Removing and replacing my card
Using Different drivers

Any solution would be appreciated. (im thinking its a heat problem so soldat causes it too overheat, but why soldat and not hl2 or css?)

b00stA
July 31, 2005, 9:04 pm
I'm guessing that you're getting blue screens, however Microsoft thought that it'd be a good idea to automatically reboot the computer when that happens.

Please do the following: Press Windows Key + Pause > Click Advanced > Start up & Recovery > UNcheck "Automatically reboot"
This will let you actually see the error message.

ráz0r
August 1, 2005, 12:14 am
Ok.. so I know what error message you are talking about. When I get it next time I play soldat, it should then be easier to assess the problem? Because im not in any better situation. The actual problem is still there, just now it wont restart.

edit: Im hoping to get back into soldat in the next version (maybe the problem wont be around anymore.) But I doubt it because soldat is practiclly the same game. Id really appreciate it if you could solve this.. :)

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 2:20 am
If you post back here with the error message you recieved, we can better help you to solve your issue.