( search forums )
Simple, but effective? [Final UpDate]
Soldat Forums - Misc - New Forum Logo
Twinkler
July 31, 2005, 10:31 pm
EDIT: Test page for Logo - Stalky

I made this mainly because this contest needs more than 2 entries. It's pretty simple and doesn't need a filler image, at least, I don't think it does. I'm not very good with photoshop, so I can't really compete with Mancer's awe inspiring effects.

None the less, it's nice, it's simple, and in my opinion, it fits.

Version 1.0
[IMAGE]

Version 2.0
[IMAGE]

Version 3.0
[IMAGE]

Version 3.1
[IMAGE]

Filler
[IMAGE]

Felix
July 31, 2005, 11:48 pm
I luv! but it's a bit big, try to make it smaller.

My suggestions:
1.put grass like in the default logo, because if you don't put somethin,
there will be a big blank area to the right side.

2. perhaps you could put some soldier in it, who fight eachother on the letters ;9

I really luv this one, and I hope it will be the next logo, GJ!

edit: and yes, it fits very well exept the size ^^

Chakra`
August 1, 2005, 12:34 am
I think this is brilliant. Definitely a contender.

Still, i'll dare to be over-critical.

The white 'splotch' in the top left, an explosion, kinda looks a bit weird when just glimpsing.

Also, try experimenting with merging a 'scene' from soldat, like a screenshot of some action, 'into' the words itself. Know what I mean? just a thought but it could look cool.

Hitman
August 1, 2005, 12:37 am

Am I the only one who can see Soldats in the words or what?

bl00dy_n0se
August 1, 2005, 12:37 am
If you can realise Chakra`s idea, it would be great!

Like this, it looks cool, but has not much 'Soldat' in it

Twinkler
August 1, 2005, 12:46 am
Felix, I really like the idea of having Soldiers fighting outside the letters, and Chakra, I'll see what I can do about the explosion, I didn't like it too much myself.

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this..
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
Also, try experimenting with merging a 'scene' from soldat, like a screenshot of some action, 'into' the words itself. Know what I mean? just a thought but it could look cool.

Or this....
quote:Originally posted by bl00dy_n0se
Like this, it looks cool, but has not much 'Soldat' in it

There's a lot of 'Soldat' in it, I count about seventeen Soldats all together..

bl00dy_n0se
August 1, 2005, 12:51 am
Omg sry...I didnt notice those soldiers, but than I read Hitmans post and looked again
Wtf o.O

mar77a
August 1, 2005, 1:32 am
Very nice, things i think would make it look better:
- Make it a bit smaller?
- Make it more greenish?

Chakra`
August 1, 2005, 1:57 am
Yeah I can see the small soldiers in there. What I meant though was 'more' of that. They look like scratch marks at first glance too.

Twinkler
August 1, 2005, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aVery nice, things i think would make it look better:
- Make it a bit smaller?
- Make it more greenish?

Why green?

Raptor
August 1, 2005, 2:34 am
OMG I like it! but as everyone said it doesn't have much soldat in it.

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 3:48 am
Yeah basically what everyone else said, I looked at the picture and was about to say you need msome soldats. Then I read the replies, looked at it again and saw the soldats. Maybe make them more visible? Try to tighten up the height a bit if its possible.

The main thing I really like about this one is the text effect and the colours are very nice. Good job overall

Rambo_6
August 1, 2005, 5:37 pm
Great!

This inspired me to make my own :D

Twinkler
August 1, 2005, 7:09 pm
New Version.

Unfortunatly for me, I deleted the Photoshop version of the logo, so all the layers were gone, so I started from scratch. The color scheme is slightly different, because I couldn't figure out how the hell I got it look like that in the first place. I also made the inner Soldats more visible and added some exterior ones. I was considering adding a repeater of dismembered victims, but I'm not sure how it would look. It might end up looking like a bunch of black and red lumps.

PNG version
[IMAGE]

JPEG version
[IMAGE]

Preview version
[IMAGE]

Edit:
Instead of making it smaller, it seems that I instead made it bigger. I'll try resizing it later, now it's time for lunch.

Keron Cyst
August 1, 2005, 7:42 pm
I'd use .JPEG instead of .PNG; it's lighter and the colors stand out a bit more. Love it!

Twinkler
August 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
Allright, I got it down to 30kb, and it's about the same size as the current forum logo. If people think I should make a repeater, I'll try, but as for now I'm working on another idea.

Resized version
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 2:18 pm
Test page for logo.

Needs its own filler.

Chakra`
August 2, 2005, 2:28 pm
Urghhh..

Twinkler
August 2, 2005, 5:42 pm
Allright I've finished updating this one, version 3.1 doesn't look that hot with the big blank space to the right, but version 3.0 is too big. I don't know what to do really so I'm just gonna leave it how it is and finish up my other design.

Edit:I also replaced the Test Logo Page with the one for Version 3.1 up in Stalky's Edit

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 9:22 pm
The last two are both very good, but I think I liked the colored version more than the gray version. Very nice job either way. :D