( search forums )
Well, here's my piss-poor attempt (Improved?)
Soldat Forums - Misc - New Forum Logo
Kazuki
August 1, 2005, 4:49 am
As the topic says:

Logo

[IMAGE]

Filler

[IMAGE]

It was kind of a rush job, really. I just wanted to give it a shot, since I haven't used Photoshop in over a year. Well, enjoy it if that's possible. :P

If there are any suggestions of improvement, I'll take them. Also, feel free to fiddle with this. :)

Zero72
August 1, 2005, 4:53 am
The idea is kind of neat, but somehow it just seems plain. The guy with the M79 doesn't really add anything to it, and has stolen my hair. Not to mention, there's the stuff sticking out of the top border.

Kazuki
August 1, 2005, 4:57 am
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too, about the stuff sticking out of the border. I was trying to make it so that you could see the guy getting hit with the M79 as it flies through the tiny openings, but I couldn't really do it.

Well, that's why I said it was piss-poor. ;D

Chakra`
August 1, 2005, 5:42 am
It actually ain't bad, but it does look a tad sharp on the eyes.

Still, you could be onto something with it....it'd be an excellent theme to have a series of islands in the backround, going on in the repeater, with soldiers running around, with just a large SOLDAT FORUMS on the top. I like how you put the repeater to repeat on the 'top' of the page too. Very different, and an interesting perspective.

Maybe even the classic b2b bridges, or the voland bridge. Ratcave even. Who knows..

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 1:45 pm
Haha, piss-poor...

Well, the text is barely seeable and that stuff sticking out of the upper border is annoying. You might want to fix those.

Messiah
August 1, 2005, 9:11 pm
lol, its not bad its nice and neat not so gory like Mancer's because some people dont like gore but i think it could use some more people in the picture ;) like get like 10 people shootin at eachother with varity of weapons lol.

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 1:08 am
I improved it a tiny bit, hopefully. It's pretty hopeless, but it's also fun. :)

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 1:17 am
Try giving the text a black outline now, to define it a bit more. Doesn't stand out enough in my opinion.

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 1:45 am
Done. =|

Hitman
August 2, 2005, 2:26 am
Ahahaha, I'm sorry, dude, I just have to laugh at this one.

Stick to your movies.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 2:42 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanAhahaha, I'm sorry, dude, I just have to laugh at this one.

Stick to your movies.

O_o Be nice.

Kaz, the black outline makes it look nicer, gj :)

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 4:08 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanAhahaha, I'm sorry, dude, I just have to laugh at this one.

Stick to your movies.

You hurt my feelings ...

... XD!

I know they suck, but I figured I'd try anyway, for the hell of it. I haven't used Photoshop in such a long time; feels good to get into it again.

Rambo_6
August 2, 2005, 10:28 pm

Stick to your movies.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

Or, was it, people in pink polo shirts shouldn't throw rocks? XD

Not a bad idea for a logo, but the left corner doesn't jive...