( search forums )
could you help me?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 7:39 pm
i want to show some maps i made, could someone tell me how to show it?

[moved to Mapping help, g_d]

The Geologist
August 1, 2005, 7:48 pm
It's a fairly easy process.

1) Make sure you've tested and fixed any glitches in the map before releasing. It'll make things a lot easier if you get that out of the way first.
2) Take an overview of your map and upload it to a site such as Imageshack
3) Zip up your map, all sceneries used, textures, etc. in the appropriate folders. If you name the folders the same as the ones in your Soldat folder it will make it much easier for other people to download.
4) Upload this .zip folder to a site where other people can download it. I use the M00net Uploader for the majority of my maps.

Hope this helps.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 5:09 am
Cool Info! thanks :)

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 7:26 pm
awsome, thanks geologist

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 2:26 pm
a new problem....i made this awsome background fer one of my maps...the (insert yer own explitive here) game wont recognize it, its saying that it's having problems opening it, its a .bmp and has no compression like the other scenery and its where its supposed to be.
i worked to hard on it to not be able to use it. heeeeeellp

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 7:24 pm
What do you mean by "having problems opening it?" Put up a screenshot of the exact error you get.

DeMonIc
August 4, 2005, 7:37 pm
I guess your video card can't load the background you made. Try lowering the image size.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 7:43 pm
no, its not the image size, i have a larger one and it works fine

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 7:26 pm
i dont mean to double post but i solved the problem, its just that in gimp, the images need to be indexed