( search forums )
Community meetings - taking it personal
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DeMonIc
August 1, 2005, 7:41 pm
Weren't you curious about what's the guy like ,who just got ripped apart by your grenade, in real life? Weren't you ever curious about how your clanmates are after a fine dose of alcohol? Curiousity about your soldat mates hasn't crossed your mind?

Because it shure crossed ours, the Hungarian soldaters. And since we live in a rather small country, we could arrange meetings easily. We've had 4 meetings so far, 3 meetings in a pub, and one Soldat Camping.
Here are the pictures:
http://kep.tar.hu/nlz/50102865#2

(should be fairly easy to navigate: the 3 links in the small box on the upper part of the page are the pictures of 3 meetings. We didn't have a camera at meeting 2 though :\ )

Have fun browsing the pictures, even though you'll only understand the names at the picture-comments :)

Outcast
August 1, 2005, 8:00 pm
We could do this in slovenia, but there's lack of willpower and..not enough people ;p
Btw i keep seeing the picture of this girl over and over, and i ain't really liking it.

ThaD
August 1, 2005, 8:33 pm
Polish players have an every year meetings in Poznan, we play/chat/drink for the whole night, great fun; many of us know each other personally this way.
Here are some photos of these meetings:

http://www.pimpin.wz.cz/soldat/ - Poznan 2004
http://sirdel.webd.pl/soldat/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=732 - Poznan 2005

LazehBoi
August 1, 2005, 8:45 pm
I don't think doing something like that here is a good idea. Most Australian players = "lol nerd u r sux LOLRFOL" act like Mofo Nofo and Mickle.
I'm envious. :(

edit: better example

Deleted User
August 1, 2005, 9:09 pm
Besides, Australia is huge :o would be hard for people to get around.

This could be done in the UK...I want to meet Hitman face to face :D

Tha Doggfather
August 1, 2005, 9:26 pm
or face to bum in hitmans case.

Meandor
August 1, 2005, 9:32 pm
It would be nice to organize something in central europe, and I've always wanted to do it. Too bad it's kind of hard to find the place and all when you've never organized anything. Is there someone in central europe that has some experience in this field?

wormdundee
August 1, 2005, 9:33 pm
whats up with playing soldat in windowed mode?

why do people do that, or is it just the poles ;)

DeMonIc
August 1, 2005, 9:53 pm
A central european meeting would truly rock. But we'd need a real good location, and some people who can pick up other people on their way, to halve the expands.. I mean, travelling across europe would cost loads of money.

GunPowder
August 1, 2005, 10:06 pm
=( It makes me sad cause i'm the only soldat player in Egypt ;_;

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 12:27 am
actualy i wonder how many soldat players are in the sydney area inm australia *ponders* ill ask around

ThaD
August 2, 2005, 11:21 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorIt would be nice to organize something in central europe, and I've always wanted to do it. Too bad it's kind of hard to find the place and all when you've never organized anything. Is there someone in central europe that has some experience in this field?

well i think the only country where it'd be doable is Germany, mostly because there is a strong community and selfkill dudes seem to have enough money to do this. But still I doubt there will ever be such meeting :/

quote:Originally posted by wormdundeewhats up with playing soldat in windowed mode?

why do people do that, or is it just the poles ;)

playing in windowed mode has many advanatages, you can chat on irc and play in the same time ;]

and seriously, I prefer full screen, but my clan mate Sterokinetic plays in window only

m00`
August 2, 2005, 11:30 am
im in sydney, taal what suburb you live in?

Milkman Dan
August 2, 2005, 12:01 pm
I could meet up wi-

oh... :(

Captain Ben
August 2, 2005, 12:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by GunPowder=( It makes me sad cause i'm the only soldat player in Egypt ;_;

I'm the only active Papua New Guinean player :(
But then again, I'm in luck- I school in Australia. HAs anyone ver held a server for all forum members to go on and just... chat? I'd like that very so.

Anyhoo, I live in QLD.

papasurf31
August 2, 2005, 2:12 pm
Yeah, that'd be great. A forums users server. I'd dig that, cause it's be like IRC, but you can actually get retaliation and stuff. It's just more fun that way, if lacking some of the more complex chat options. :D

aprilninety
August 3, 2005, 8:58 am
hmm for americans, we wouldn't all have to meet. It could be a regional thing: US west, mid-west, mid-east, east.

I'm up for meeting other soldat players in the san francisco bay area.

peemonkey
August 3, 2005, 9:55 am
hell, i live in the same town as big black and gay and have never talked to him :P maybe even the same neighborhood XD oh well, im fine with my group of....4....no wait, 5 people. im a goddamn social butterfly i tells ya...