( search forums )
A sneek peek at my neet leet Gungrave mod.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
- Tek -
August 2, 2005, 12:06 am
I used this as a reference:
[IMAGE]

Here's the picture of teh actual game gfx, and the larger weapon menu gfx (rather small, I know, and not exact, but the hell I'm gonna rip off that real picture):
[IMAGE]

Of course there's 2 of these guns, just that the other one is white instead of red, so I don't really need to show it. I also need to make more shades of red, that the default dark red from ms paint.

Oh and that extra grey gun is Vash's colt from Trigun, also made by the creator of Gungrave, Yasuhiro Nightow. So I'm probably going to make my trigun mod too, but I've got less ideas for that. I got wolfwoods cross, the colt, and maybe I can figure out Milly's large weapon. I could also make that long sniper rifle that one guy used.

I also want to start a devil may cry mod, but I need more time, and I need a new soldat update, since I don't know how I'll pull off the gosteks for these. No long coats allowed in this version means no Beyond teh Grave, no Vash, and No Dante!

I could still do my Equilibrium mod though..... but there's not much to do with that, except put a ton of those T symbols on everything. I've already done teh flashbang witht he cross.

Don't steal these either, since they'll be available when My mod is done.

Now that I look at the two pics, my drawing is too long, but I can let the rest slide.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 3:13 am
I wouldn't steal those if my life depended on it. It's poop. Try adding some some shading and generally less pixelation on the interface gfx.

- Tek -
August 2, 2005, 7:26 am
More shading eh? I'll try that. I just gotta make so many more colors with paint still.

Zero72
August 2, 2005, 8:31 am
I'm worried less about the shading and more about the fact that it's obscenely huge.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 9:56 am
I agree with Zero it's too big.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 1:35 pm
It won't seem so huge if he makes it less obnoxious, i.e, better colors and/or shading.

- Tek -
August 2, 2005, 3:26 pm
Well I did want you guys to be able to see it, that's why i enlarged it.

reckon
August 2, 2005, 10:58 pm
I dont know why people mistake that for an interface pic, hes just showing the detail.
I think it looks good and Ill be awaiting the release.

Zero72
August 3, 2005, 8:48 am
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -Here's the picture of teh actual game gfx, and the larger weapon menu gfx

- Tek -
August 3, 2005, 5:48 pm
Yeah the big gun is actaully the graphic I've been working on for the weapon menu.

I'm not sure if I want to put a black outline arround it like the other ones are.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 6:01 pm
Trust me - you always want an outline.

mata_bun
August 4, 2005, 10:44 pm
[IMAGE]

i shaded it. The trigger/handle area was funky, it woulda been completely filled up with black, and it looked funny. The second one is where the whole red thing is outlined also, which I think looks better. I can do the same thing to the smaller one if you post it.

zoldat
August 4, 2005, 11:00 pm
better :) i like it, but still its a bit big

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 11:38 pm
zoldat u nimrod thats the image inlarged ittle be smaller on weapons menu thell blend together duh....

August 5, 2005, 11:19 am
Is this the only weap in gungrave? never watched it...

vash763
August 5, 2005, 3:10 pm
that game is fun, and yes that and the giant coffin he caries around is about the only weapon

- Tek -
August 12, 2005, 8:30 am
Hey thanks for that shading. I've never really tried that black outline stuff, but it does look better. And yes, Grave only has that handgun, and another in silver, and then a coffin. I may put some Overdose weapons in there as well. Like fangorams large cross rifle, Rb's guitar. The rest is uncertain. I want to do Kabane's gunswords but I know the graphics wouldn't fit for those.

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 2:24 pm
(Please refrain from swearing) h christ, make the god damn thing smaller. it's gonna really f**k up the weapons menu

- Tek -
August 15, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III(Please refrain from swearing) h christ, make the god damn thing smaller. it's gonna really f**k up the weapons menu

Are you unable to read 90% of all posts or what? It's already been explained that the picture was enlarged, so it could be easily seen on high resolution.

August 15, 2005, 3:12 am
Can someone please tell me how the coffin is supposed to be a weapon

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 6:42 am
wdf dude ive seend alot of guns like that maybe u need to tell us more about its back round like about the movie and s**t

August 16, 2005, 7:28 am
I have no idea what u said...

But i assume that this is just a PRELIMINARY thing and he hasnt FINISHED it yet,

- Tek -
August 17, 2005, 1:34 am
There is an anime, I'm sure you can easily download that through torrent or something, and there's 2 games. Basically the coffin is a large thing with a rocket launcher and some machine gun on the end. I planned to put it as the minigun since its big enough.

And yes this isn't finished yet because my stupid brothers are always using the good computer to play runescape. This pc in my room doesn't have enough graphics power.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 2:40 am
hey i play runescape >:(

August 17, 2005, 2:44 am
He means that his bros are hogging the computer with graphics power they don't need. Hes not saying runescape is bad, hes just saying it doesnt need such a good computer.

mata_bun
August 19, 2005, 10:42 pm
You could have just a huge anime mod with gungrave weps, trigun weps, Cowboy Bebop Weps, Outlaw Star weps, etc etc. Yeah but it is enlarged so read posts before you start screamin ye pants off.