[IMAGE]

Filler (Green)

[IMAGE]

Previews

Red Version
Green Version

Experimental Version

[IMAGE]

This is probably the last one :P I promise, I think. Also, I would give a preview if I knew how to do one. :X

Messiah
August 2, 2005, 4:43 am
Very nice good update this is a big jump from your last one lol i like all the text but maybe the background once again could use some more people lol but other than that it looks great.

Chakra`
August 2, 2005, 4:43 am
Very very nice, this could be very good, but the colour scheme is...totally wrong. I get an impression of 'rust' from the colour.

The reddish bar would probably look better green, like in the soldat's menu. As for the font, I don't think the 'action within it' works like it does for others, and the edges need softening.

Otherwise, if you spruce it up a bit, I could see this one being probably the best around. Try texturing the font in some exotic style.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 4:44 am
If the tabs are going to be implemented by DNA.styx, then this has my vote.

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 4:51 am
Chakra, Soldat uses red text areas for some text like

"Game Style:"

I just thought it would be kinda cool. I'll get to those suggestions tomorrow. Thank you for those, by the way. :) I'll try to soften the edges, add some more action if I can, and if you still think so, I'll change the bar color.

Zero72
August 2, 2005, 8:50 am
With some improvements, this would be on the better side of awesome.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 2:13 pm
Test page for logo.

Wow, it really fits together properly :) You need to make it wider so the controls thing fits all the links.

Chakra`
August 2, 2005, 2:31 pm
Very (Please refrain from swearing)ing sexy. But that font needs changed somehow. Give it a nicer colour and forget filling it with in-game action stuff. S'what I say.

Messiah
August 2, 2005, 3:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyTest page for logo.

Wow, it really fits together properly :) You need to make it wider so the controls thing fits all the links.

Wow looks awesome, just might have to fix the side a bit and itll look perfect.

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 7:46 pm
Thanks for the test page, Stalky. <3

Updated. I widened the Controls part so it should fit well now. Also, I barely touched the red line so it fits perfectly with the member's name in the top right corner if you're using Firefox or Opera. Lastly, I smoothed out the black outlines so they don't look crappy and jagged.

I didn't change the filling of "SOLDATFoums" because it would look really plain and dull otherwise. Unless you've got some ideas on how to avoid that, I don't think I'm going to change it. =|

Zero72
August 2, 2005, 8:17 pm
Controls still only reaches Forum Rules on my end. Also, I agree with Chakra that that bar might look better in green.

Elemental
August 2, 2005, 8:42 pm
Dunno, i dont think the "controls" thing kinda fits in..

damnnation
August 2, 2005, 8:46 pm
i like what you did with the Profile/Members/... thing, i think this is the best fitting one so far...

Kazuki
August 2, 2005, 8:49 pm
Thanks for the comments. :D I appreciate it.

Put up with me while I experiment with the Controls thing.

Edit: I think the Controls thing works now, and I've added a different version of the logo (one with a green bar instead of a red one). Please comment and say which you like better or recommend a different color. :D

Edit #2: I can't possibly get the controls thing to work because everyone uses different revolutions and text sizes, so I've just trashed it to an extent. Also, I've put up an experimental version, which is what I will use from now on to mess around with the logo. I've changed the SOLDAT font to see how it would go. Comments? :D

DeMonIc
August 2, 2005, 9:54 pm
Excelent! This is really Soldat-like as I see it, and it fits the forums well :) That green line is especially great.
Incase this doesn't win the contest.. how can I make it so that I can use it? :B

Twinkler
August 3, 2005, 4:29 am
Kaz, that new one kicks ass. I love how it fits Soldat. I'm kicking myself in the nuts for not thinking of it myself.

*waddles back to Photoshop*

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 4:36 am
im better

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 4:47 am
Yeah, sure, show me. ;)

I like the Filler (Green) - one

Kazuki
August 3, 2005, 5:18 am
Thanks, Twinkler. :) I might not be great at image-making, but some of my ideas are pretty good, hm?

Swebonny
August 3, 2005, 8:12 am
Wohow this might win seriusly ;D

Zero72
August 3, 2005, 8:57 am
I prefer the regular green one the best (not the experimental one.) It's definitely the best I've seen yet.

...Granted, I haven't seen many, but it seriously kicks an assload or so of... well, ass.

b00stA
August 3, 2005, 7:46 pm
Ooh, I like the red one :)

Zero72
August 3, 2005, 8:23 pm
...Ugh, they're both good. =P

Kazuki
August 3, 2005, 9:19 pm
Haha! :D

I didn't expect to get so many positive replies. ^_^

mar77a
August 3, 2005, 9:25 pm
Well, here goes one negative: Awesome.

Joking, if this is implemented, styx should do something like www.u13.net (gogog Flab) with the <area> tab...

Kazuki
August 3, 2005, 10:27 pm
Seems like implementing a new forum feature just for a logo would be over-demanding. =|

I just have those tabs there to have a strong forums-to-Soldat connection. :) Thanks for the comment.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 1:03 am
i like the green versoin maself i dont why, i guess becuase the red hurts my eyes a little