( search forums )
"Soldat reminds me of..."
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
aprilninety
August 2, 2005, 9:14 am
I was perplexed. Was this a real game? I asked myself that question when I saw the screenshots for the game. Then I said what the heck, the only other thing I was playing at that time was runescape...enough said. :)

So i tried it and it really reminded me of a series of books I was reading at the time called "Ender's Game". Basically, the book had the world's elite kids trained into soldiers in space by getting into different teams and fighting in a war-like game (much like soldat!).

Now if only I could turn that gravity OFF in the game, make a map that's an enclosed room with a RANDOM generator that makes blockades...

what's soldat remind you of?

Chakra`
August 2, 2005, 9:58 am
Flashbacks from my time in 'nam.

karmazon
August 2, 2005, 10:04 am
The movie predator. Or maybe a multiplayer game. I don't know which one.

MOFO NOFO
August 2, 2005, 12:51 pm
soldat reminds me of worms, but i didnt really read the question much anyways.

The @venger
August 2, 2005, 7:45 pm
man, does soldat remind u of enders game? omg, i have read it too, and its not at all like enders game. (at least how i remember it)

Koon
August 2, 2005, 7:57 pm
How does soldat remind you of Ender's Game? It was a great book but i cant think of a single similarity.

aprilninety
August 3, 2005, 12:23 am
well it's the only game that i've ever played that can come closest to the battle room descriptions...maybe if you had some space suit mod or something like that!

VodkaZombie
August 3, 2005, 10:53 pm
It reminds me of Resident Evil, just because zombie's could respawn.

EndertheXenocide
August 3, 2005, 11:37 pm
Well, i'm going to have to agree with the whole "soldat reminds me of Ender's Game." If you really think about it. With the amount of jumpjets it seems like there is little gravity. So if you would take Soldat and make it without gravity, you have a close resembalance. So if you took a enclosed room (like your example above) with the no gravity, you get basicly the battle room. I know it is sort of a long stretch. Great resembalance though and sometimes the games can be as close as those in the book, and sometimes they can be a complete massarce like in the book. Only if a clan was good enough to take on 2 clans at once. That would be quite a accomplishment.

aprilninety
August 4, 2005, 12:11 am
oh yeah! i forgot about that part in the book!

oh yes, having a true battle room with survival mode on would be cool...

...maybe a gravity modifier one day!

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 4, 2005, 10:12 am
it reminds me of liero

The @venger
August 4, 2005, 11:03 pm
maybe a freeze game mode??? that would be cooool! when u got hit, u were frozen, and teammates could thatw u up again, and enemies could use u for cover and stuff, and the first team to be frozen would lose! ive played this in quake 3, and it awsome fun!

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 11:58 pm
Avenger,go suggest that now..
Maybe you'd get a point for freezing someone and a point for unfreezing a teamate?That sounds awesome..

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:13 am
Soldat never really reminded me of Ender's Game. It was a good book though. :P

Soldat more reminds me of those 50's war movies that are really dramatic and stuff. That, and Counter-Strike.

UGK
August 8, 2005, 7:11 am
This dont remind me of noting man. But it stopped my ediction of Runescape. I still feel tat tingly thing inside me when i play runescape.(which i havent done sense i started playing soldat)

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 3:01 pm
Hey I play RS too, what is your combat? :P

UGK
August 8, 2005, 6:38 pm
Dude i don play that anymore. I was Level 54 thought when i quit...... I dont really care about RS anymore.

bond_james_bond
August 11, 2005, 11:41 am
Join the club

Soldat reminds me of ... stupid thing ... War?
Yea... War. War.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:49 pm
Soldat kind of reminds me of a combination of Battlefield 1942 and Paint tournament 3. Hehe..

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:18 pm
AHHA RUNESCAPE

Survival mode in Airpirates with Kalashnikov, SPAS-12, US SOCOM and Knife reminds me about Battle Royale... hmm, maybe my first mod will be BR. Who knows.

But seriously, it reminds me about a mix-up of Worms 2 and CS.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:24 pm
It reminds me of CS, since it's basically a side-view version of it. Many of the same guns and sounds included. I actually prefer Soldat, though. :D