( search forums )
Ctf_kanyon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
DeMonIc
August 2, 2005, 10:40 am
Why hello kids.
I realise that my humble map making skills don't really stand a chance in today's pro-mapper world, but here's one of my latest works non-the-less.

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

[url="http://llsc.us/members/Demonic/uploads/ctf_kanyon.PMS"]>Download<
[/url]

Not much to say here, really.

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 10:55 am
nice map but i don't like that crap in the middle :\

m00`
August 2, 2005, 11:16 am
i like the crap in the middle :D

KeFear
August 2, 2005, 11:48 am
Nice map, however the shades are a bit strange. The light is coming from upright, but the Rock on the right has a shade on the right while it's supposed to be on the left. But, that's just a little thing, the overall is nice ;)
*thumbs up*

Deleted User
August 2, 2005, 4:17 pm
Building sceneries need more detail. Other parts look great, but are heaven for M79ers.

KnOt
August 2, 2005, 4:43 pm
I love it :Q .. But yeah the 'building' in the middle needs more detail, just to look pretty.. Perhaps you could make it larger / more complicated too

The Geologist
August 2, 2005, 8:16 pm
Nice! I like the layout and colors used in this map. As others have said, the structure in the middle could use some work, but that's a minor detail (as is the shading ;D). Overall very well done. Give yourself more credit as a mapper, you're coming along very well and I'd like to see more of what you have in mind.

Rambo_6
August 2, 2005, 9:56 pm
Somewhat origninal, plus the colors blend well.

The only criticism?

The middle needs shading, and maybe some more scenery. Also, the islands int he bases are a tad small.

Raptor
August 2, 2005, 11:19 pm
I like the map! But... The land below the big rocks should be shaded to make the map look more realistic. I don't like that crap in the middle...
Btw, I love the bgcolors :D

DeMonIc
August 2, 2005, 11:21 pm
I've changed the 'crap in the middle'. Hope you'll like it, I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.
Also, Raptor, I did shade the bottom. Check again, compare it with the surface colour.

Cookie.
August 3, 2005, 12:01 am
its good but the shading on the right side seems a bit off the way the "light source is pointing"

I suggest darkening the right side wall alot more :
I myself liked the crap in the middle lol