( search forums )
Free Games?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Jello
August 3, 2005, 4:09 am
Being the cheapskate that I am, I often troll the internet looking for good free games, and I'm always surprised when I find good ones. Liero started it for me, then Soldat, I downloaded an emulator and got a bunch of old Genesis games, I realized that you can download the first 2 Grand Theft Auto games in their entirety from Rockstar for free, along with some (Please refrain from swearing)ty game called Wild Metal Country (Link: [URL]) not to mention Wolfenstein Enemy Territorry. I also downloaded that "Savage" game, but after a few plays the server quit working...oh well, didn't like it much anyway.
So I was wondering if you all had any thoughts on the free games market? Suggestions or just discussions of free games are welcome (aside from Soldat).

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 3, 2005, 5:53 am
To fix the Savage question: Go to Play, then you'll find a checkbox called "Alternate Server List". Use that one.

aprilninety
August 3, 2005, 8:52 am
there's always runescape.com...

ha!

Jello
August 3, 2005, 5:13 pm
Thanks Leo, I'll try it.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 5:20 pm
Download.com Thats where I found soldat and a bunch of others.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 5:32 pm
http://www.acid-play.com - enjoy.

GunPowder
August 3, 2005, 11:45 pm
Here're some nice free games :
www.navyonline.com (It's free but some advanced ships are for money)
www.gunzonline.com (totally free)
http://nte.navy.com (It's for free but it freezes with some computers, it may work with you though)
http://daimao.be/lbz/index2.html (lemming Ball Z)

You can find here some good free games also :
http://www.gamershell.com/download_demo.shtml (just search for the world "full")
www.the-underdogs.org (some abandonware games, but you can find lots of good abandoned games like good games which were unlucky in the market)

That's all i could remeber now, Hope that helps =)

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 3:46 am
Gotta check out N, an awesome 2D action-puzzler with highscores & an easy third-pary level database. It has amazing ragdoll physics, more than Soldat could ever attain (at least, for the time being).

Homepage: [URL]
Forums: [URL]

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 4:04 am
www.americasarmy.com , enjoy ;)

Jello
August 4, 2005, 5:12 am
I've seen America's Army, but never downloaded it. How does it hold up with other online war type games like Counter-Strike, Wolfenstien ET, Battlefield, etc...?

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 5:33 am
quote:Originally posted by JelloI've seen America's Army, but never downloaded it. How does it hold up with other online war type games like Counter-Strike, Wolfenstien ET, Battlefield, etc...?

It does'nt :p

Gameplay is much like the others, but the servers are so buggy its not worth it.

AerialAssault
August 4, 2005, 6:10 am
americas army, i really enjoy. although i havent played it since i got BF2. but americas army is really a fun game once you get used to the style of play, its a very realistic and slow paced shooter. give it a try at least.

Jello
August 4, 2005, 10:17 pm
I'll try it eventually, I'm sure. Right now I'm still working on Wolfenstein ET. I don't have much of a knack for 3-D shooters in the first place, and playing online against a bunch of crack veterans isn't helping. I mostly just run around as a medic reviving people, seeing as that's about the only accomplishment I can make. I'm gonna stick with it though, at least for a little longer because I think it has a bit more "depth" than many other similar games. The levels are large and have many routes, and the wide variety of things you can do as the various classes (Call airstrikes, disguise yourself as an enemy, build bridges, destroy bridges, etc) seems promising.

crazymonkey
August 4, 2005, 11:34 pm
Want to join my solitare clan?

LazehBoi
August 4, 2005, 11:39 pm
If you know where to look for emulation, you should try Chu Chu Rocket for the Game Boy Advance. It kept me entertained for a while.
If you have the connection and the computer, you could try the dreamcast version (some 3D things, and better multiplayer).
They're pretty much the same, but the GBA one has another set of puzzles.

DT
August 5, 2005, 6:25 am
Survival Project... :O