( search forums )
Can we try something in 1.3
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GAMEOVER
August 3, 2005, 6:44 pm
Reg your nick only as you download soldat that way if people really wanted to change there nick theyd have to redownload it atleast. If there isnt gonna be some kinda nick security this should make it more of a pita for lamers. This topic has been brushed upon but this has never been suggested.

Meandor
August 4, 2005, 12:20 am
What's wrong with changing nicks? :

aprilninety
August 4, 2005, 12:42 am
hmmm, isn't that why we have user profiles? what would happen to that option?

dont use user profiles? i do.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 12:45 am
quote:Originally posted by aprilninetyhmmm, isn't that why we have user profiles? what would happen to that option?

dont use user profiles? i do.
you have to be registered to use the user profile thingys

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 3:45 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorWhat's wrong with changing nicks? :
*lol* I know a reg'ed Soldat veteran who is extremely good with the sniper as an assault weapon but changes his name to something n00bish whenever he feels like camping with it xD

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 8:22 am
i change my name to soldier just to own noobs who are like "omg change your name you noob"

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 4, 2005, 10:09 am
i change my named to sumthing rally noobish when i want to use the barret lol... cant be seen using the barrett with my holy m79 hands!!!

Koon
August 4, 2005, 10:58 pm
I dont think its that big of a deal. It's not like it's cheating or anything to change you name because you want to use a barret.

VodkaZombie
August 5, 2005, 2:57 am
Isnt there something already, like ip authentication?

-Claw-
August 5, 2005, 3:30 am
hmm, ni there isnt... Central server to store kills, nicks, deaths, and other stuff like that would be extremely cool, but really hard to make true...

SuperKill
August 5, 2005, 4:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MeandorWhat's wrong with changing nicks? :
*lol* I know a reg'ed Soldat veteran who is extremely good with the sniper as an assault weapon but changes his name to something n00bish whenever he feels like camping with it xD

yea but how do i know you? ;p
oh nvm, you said he camps. boy he sure is a wannabe.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 3:22 pm
like wannabe Steam for counter strike but now for soldat?

UltraMagnus
August 5, 2005, 8:34 pm
no, nothing like steam

but this would be a pritty cool idea, it would stop crackers from just keep switching name....

also it could help stop cracks