( search forums )
cursor animation - SCARE O METER!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
i am ahab
August 3, 2005, 10:28 pm
EDIT: PLEASE SCROLL DOWN! DO NOT FEAR THE LAMENESS AS IT SHALL BE OVERCOME BY ICE CREAM.

i once upon a time found a similar topic, posted by michael,
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21210&SearchTerms=cursor
hat had a kinda similar idea but just descended into chaos when the suggestions began that an animated cursor should abuse you depending on the weapon you used.

well i was thinking...

you know how when you run with a weapon your accuracy goes to the dogs (the same as when you're firing the minigun for any length of time) well what if the cursor reflected this by moving apart.

so following on from michaels thought of having the cursor made up of different sections to allow it to be animated, what if the distance they moved apart represented the distance from the center of the mark that the bullets trajectory could follow?

maybe not to be allowed online as it has potential to improve a players aim.

_Mancer_
August 4, 2005, 12:38 am
Or you could change the cursor format to gif and make an animated gif with transparency :X

Keron Cyst
August 4, 2005, 3:39 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Or you could change the cursor format to gif and make an animated gif with transparency :X
Yeah, I'd love this! Fully agree.

MOFO NOFO
August 4, 2005, 4:51 am
OMFG I HAVE TEH 1337 CURSOR
[IMAGE]
(for when you reload :O)
Another one;
[IMAGE]
(reloading also)

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 8:14 am
god looking at those gifs slow my browser down, imagine what they would do ingame

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 8:32 pm
well depending on the size of the cursor, it shouldnt make much difference. i just would like to see one that is more visible

i am ahab
August 4, 2005, 11:18 pm
well you can edit the curser image in the soldat directory, and custom interfaces have load of different one, but of course require registration.

Zegovia
August 5, 2005, 12:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOOMFG I HAVE TEH 1337 CURSOR
[Image removed to save space, i hope you escuse me^^]
(for when you reload :O)
Another one;
[Image removed to save space, i hope you escuse me^^]
(reloading also)

I read this thread yesterday and saw your works. they night after i acctually dreamed about that i played soldat when these cursors where put in use, they where acctually really nice..... :P

MOFO NOFO
August 5, 2005, 2:00 pm
:D

Zegovia
August 5, 2005, 4:35 pm
It's scary as hell....... O_o

i am ahab
August 5, 2005, 5:13 pm
lol does anyone remember a game for the gamecube called.... erm... eternal darkness??

it was poop, but had some cool stuff.

as a supposed 'horror adventure' game it was dire in both animation and control. but you had a scare-o-meter!!!, which if you went too long without killing anything, or basically ran into something twice the size of you with fur and teeth would send you into some fit of horrors.

nothing would happen immmediatly, but in this trance induced state you could just be innocently walking though a desserted room and the screen would turn upside down. or a butterfly would fly across the screen looking like it had just settled on your tv. or the game would return to the title screen and you'd have to unpause it to continue. or one of your arms wouldnt work. or all the controls would be inverted. or you'd see things atacking you from behind that werent there when you turned around.

i hear system shock 2 is also very good for a case of the heebie jeebies.

but coming back on topic:
what if when shell shocked you could get confused, and see blue players as red, or hear gunfire when no one was there, or get messages about the flag being gone when it wasnt, or saw your weapon as being something different than it was, or maybe have one of mofo's psychadelic cursors..... 0o

or maybe after a multi kill then the red mist can descend and you see every one as an enemy and can KILL TEM ALLLSORS (obviously ff needs to be on, or switched on at that moment to work, and off afterwards). more fun in ctf maybe?

UltraMagnus
August 5, 2005, 8:31 pm
i like these ideas, but they should be server options, the above idea would be cool somtimes but not in clanwars and such

MOFO NOFO
August 6, 2005, 11:19 am
which cursor do you like the best?, note: the 2nd one is 200kbs and the 1st is 60kbs.
(i wich i was able to use em as avatars :()

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 7:23 pm
i realize that i can make a cusor like that, but not for soldat, for widows

SPARTAN_III
August 26, 2005, 4:24 am
quote:Originally posted by i am ahab
but coming back on topic:
what if when shell shocked you could get confused, and see blue players as red, or hear gunfire when no one was there, or get messages about the flag being gone when it wasnt, or saw your weapon as being something different than it was, or maybe have one of mofo's psychadelic cursors..... 0o

or maybe after a multi kill then the red mist can descend and you see every one as an enemy and can KILL TEM ALLLSORS (obviously ff needs to be on, or switched on at that moment to work, and off afterwards). more fun in ctf maybe?

uhhmmm...no. just...no. keep this simple. and i dont want to chase after a nonexistent EFC, think my AK is a barret, or be flamed as a teamkiller, or take cover from nonexistent gunfire. none of this, please.

a-4-year-old
August 26, 2005, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahablol but coming back on topic:

mabe just fall down and everyone goes into matrix deathslowmotioncoolthingywithnospacesinit'sname unless there are too many people in game

UGK
August 27, 2005, 6:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Taalgod looking at those gifs slow my browser down, imagine what they would do ingame

lmao look a those gifs. u must have a crappy browser like iE